What size fuel injectors and Lighning MAF?

I'm planning on build a 342 stroker for my '95 Mustang GT. I already have a 6lb Powerdyne on it.
I want the whole GT-40 package on it, GT-40 X303 heads, GT-40 Intake, 65MM Throttle body, unequal headers. I looking for 400-500hp. In that range, with 9lbs of boost, I'm thinking I'll need 42lb injectors.
My question:
I've seen packages for sale containing 42lb injectors and a 90mm Lighning MAF. Is this a good choice of Mass Air meter for my proposed combo? I'm thinking of a PMS for tuning.

Thanks!

Bruce Sawicki
KB Promotions

Come see what we're up to!
KB Promotions

• Sponsors (?)

You might be better off with something like 60# and a SCT 2400 to give you a bit more headroom with a blower H/C/I combo like that.

I'd also look at running a 255HP pump and an inline or BAP. Watching the rail pressure/AFR on the dyno will tell you where you stand.

When I tune on the dyno I tap into the PCM to watch the injector pulsewidth, most guys tuning the 95 and below vehicles fly blind, I'd rather not assume anything.

Wes

I'm planning on build a 342 stroker for my '95 Mustang GT. I already have a 6lb Powerdyne on it.
I want the whole GT-40 package on it, GT-40 X303 heads, GT-40 Intake, 65MM Throttle body, unequal headers. I looking for 400-500hp. In that range, with 9lbs of boost, I'm thinking I'll need 42lb injectors.
My question:
I've seen packages for sale containing 42lb injectors and a 90mm Lighning MAF. Is this a good choice of Mass Air meter for my proposed combo? I'm thinking of a PMS for tuning.

Thanks!

Bruce Sawicki
KB Promotions

Come see what we're up to!
KB Promotions

With the powerdyne maxed out, you MIGHT see 400 flywheel horsepower with that combo.. You're going to need alot more blower and alot more boost to see 500 horsepower.. Your cam will play a big part in the equation to...

42's and a LMAF will get you buy on the cheap...

With the powerdyne maxed out, you MIGHT see 400 flywheel horsepower with that combo.. You're going to need alot more blower and alot more boost to see 500 horsepower.. Your cam will play a big part in the equation to...

42's and a LMAF will get you buy on the cheap...

I made 313 whp (about 360 crank hp) with a vortech on a stock longblock with exhaust and a powerpipe at 9-10 psi. I don't see any reason why 400 crank hp would be a problem.

As mentioned earlier by 007, 60# would allow room for further expansion, but you could get by with 450 crank hp with 42#. Safer insurance with the stroker, blower, and a pretty decent H/C/I would still have me recommend you toward the 60# so you don't run a really high duty cycle.

This site has always helped me recommend injectors, and if you want to play around a little bit you can get a good idea for yourself.

I made 313 whp (about 360 crank hp) with a vortech on a stock longblock with exhaust and a powerpipe at 9-10 psi. I don't see any reason why 400 crank hp would be a problem.

As mentioned earlier by 007, 60# would allow room for further expansion, but you could get by with 450 crank hp with 42#. Safer insurance with the stroker, blower, and a pretty decent H/C/I would still have me recommend you toward the 60# so you don't run a really high duty cycle.

This site has always helped me recommend injectors, and if you want to play around a little bit you can get a good idea for yourself.

he has a POWERDYNE.. with a vortech it would be no problem, but I honestly don't see it happening with that blower..

But yes, personally, I'd opt for siemens deka 60# injectors and a sct2800 or abaco mass air meter...

Bob Kurgan sells 60# injectors at a phenomenal price... cheaper than most places sell 42's..

That's pretty much a ford racing engine combo that makes 345hp, except it's a 342 instead of a 302....... As stated above...cam choice will be an big deal. I'd say you should make around 440-470 fwhp with that combo with a good tune, and talk to the guys running blowers on here for the ideal cam choice.....also....make sure everything is gasket matched and try to find yourself an anderson pipe to add to your combo. my 2 cents

Those Powerdynes really aren't that bad. You can push them up to about 9 psi if you set them up right. I have a friend making about 550 at the crank on an LT1 with a Powerdyne at 6lbs. He's running stock ported heads on top of a 383, blower cam, 8.8:1 compression.

Kurt

For the power you will be making, the stock Lightning meter and 42lb/hr injectory will more than handle your airflow and fuel needs. They're geneally good for about 500-525hp in blown applications. You could go with 60's and 2400 meter if you've got bigger plans for the car in the future, but they aren't going to be necessary with that set up. Its an added expense at this point that you would probably pay for part of your Head and Intake swap.