• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

What size nut is it

  • Thread starter Thread starter AP1995V6
  • Start date Start date Nov 14, 2007

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Nov 14, 2007
#1
  • Nov 14, 2007
  • #1
What size nut is used to attach the ABS sensor wire to the lower shock mount?

I was only able to get the old ones threaded a couple turns due to the added thickness of the Bilsteins, and they have apparently fallen off do to road vibrations.
 

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
1,269
19
99
Louisiana
Nov 14, 2007
#2
  • Nov 14, 2007
  • #2
IIRC its a 12 point 1/4.
 

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Nov 14, 2007
#3
  • Nov 14, 2007
  • #3
Gracias, senor Green GT.
 

Bosko5.0

Active Member
May 18, 2006
1,067
0
37
longwood, FL
Nov 14, 2007
#4
  • Nov 14, 2007
  • #4
I think you can also use a 1/4 socket thats what I used, but there is the possobilite to strip it.
 

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Nov 14, 2007
#5
  • Nov 14, 2007
  • #5
I don't have nuts any longer since they're probably laying on the side of some road somewhere so I don't think stripping it will be a problem
 

MysteryMachine

Active Member
Jun 21, 2003
1,835
2
39
Parkesburg, PA
Nov 15, 2007
#6
  • Nov 15, 2007
  • #6
all i remember was its big. if its the one I'm thinking of. I know thats no help but i felt like talking
 

AP1995V6

Member
Jul 13, 2003
547
1
16
Oxford, MS
Nov 15, 2007
#7
  • Nov 15, 2007
  • #7
Haha yeah. They're pretty big. I'll probably end up getting a little bit longer lower strut mount bolts but I don't have the means to do that until Saturday since I'm at school away from all of my tools

These new nuts will probably fall off before I get home Saturday for Thanksgiving anyway. It only catches about 3 threads.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
153
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
Sn95 new style hub retaining nuts
  • limp
  • Mar 6, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
588
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 7, 2025
limp
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
397
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
O
SOLD FS: 18" FR500 chrome wheels and Toyo tires
  • optionizerSS
  • May 21, 2026
  • Other Classifieds
Replies
1
Views
206
Other Classifieds Jun 2, 2026
optionizerSS
O
O
Progress Thread LTD-ing
  • OX1
  • Mar 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
449
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 6, 2026
OX1
O
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?