What the heck is this under the glove box?!

psmithstang

Jun 7, 2011
Hey,

Got a 91 GT I just picked up. Still getting to know the car. Can anyone tell me what this box is under the passenger side of dash just below the glove box? It looks like a filter of some sort. Also it seems like there is something oily oozing out of the seems. Thoughts? How to replace? cost? let me know. Love the help. many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1231.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 162
  • Sponsors (?)

yup carpet was a little damp. Thought that was from the leaky sunroof, but makes more sense to be from this. Fluid on seems of the box was a little oily. Carpet. What should i do?

Thanks for your reply.

I had to replace a heater core on my '87. it took me about 5 hours to do. Start to finish. It really was not a bad job. but then again I built and did my own engine swap, AOD to 5 speed conversion and rear gear swap. So a good bit of mechanical skills does help.

Yep, time for a heater core. Might as well change the A/C core while your in there too.
I've owned Foxes for more than 25 yrs now. I've gotten pretty quick at it as well. Ford could have made it a little easier for us.

Funny though,, I always have screws,nuts, bolts left over when I'm done. LOL

Good luck on your first time.

+1 on doing the ac evaporator at same time. As a mechanic any car that needs either heater core or evaporator I always try to get the customer to do both. Most cars now take over 8 hrs to do. the fox body heater box is easy in comparison. Any car it just makes sense to do them both while in there. even if your ac is not working but you plan on fixing it it's worth the few extra bucks.