What Trick Flow Top End Engine Kit

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Hi, guys, can't afford this yet, maybe in a month, but have to build the bottom end anyways, but would like to research this a bit, do you think these kits are a big waste of money, its about 2600 dollars, comes with timing, cam, heads, upper and lower manifolds, and everything needed, there are two kits I am looking at on mustangs unlimited, do you think it is better to just buy the components individually on ebay, or do you think this is a worth while kit, I can sell my original parts too, so that would cut down the cost, There are two kits, one is 350hp, other is 360hp, anyone ever buy one of these kits, any recommendation, is it just a cam difference, this is a twisted wedge kit I'm looking at, Any thoughts, I wish I could get the part numbers or something to see if I could buy some of this stuff cheaper... thoughts would be wicked!! Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

If it is going on a stock bottom end, I am pretty sure you need to fly-cut the pistons as the 2.02 intake valves are too big and will have clearance issues.

the trickflow heads are "twisted wedges" meaning the valves are not inline like of most cylinder heads. the valve location is twisted. so the tfs heads with 2.02 valves DO NOT need clearencing, they will work fine with the factory pistons, thats one of their big selling points. now edelbrocks and AFRs etc that have 2.02 valve with all the valves inline usually have PTV problems depending on camshaft duration. its not that the factory notches arent deep enough they just are not wide enough and the valve will contact the edges of the notches.

as for the 250 and 260 choices, i believe the only difference is the intakes. the 250 gives you the street heat intake. the other once has the track heat with a little shorter intake runner length. supposed to make a few more hp but sacrifice some torque. i'd just get the street heat 250 hp one. the difference b/w the 2 is minimal i would guess.

Hi, guys, can't afford this yet, maybe in a month, but have to build the bottom end anyways, but would like to research this a bit, do you think these kits are a big waste of money, its about 2600 dollars, comes with timing, cam, heads, upper and lower manifolds, and everything needed, there are two kits I am looking at on mustangs unlimited, do you think it is better to just buy the components individually on ebay, or do you think this is a worth while kit, I can sell my original parts too, so that would cut down the cost, There are two kits, one is 350hp, other is 360hp, anyone ever buy one of these kits, any recommendation, is it just a cam difference, this is a twisted wedge kit I'm looking at, Any thoughts, I wish I could get the part numbers or something to see if I could buy some of this stuff cheaper... thoughts would be wicked!! Thanks guys!

i've got the kit and have had no problems with it. i am however upping the camshaft to a n x303 since i've recently converted the car to a 5-speed. Makes great power from 3000 and up.

Attachments

• 108-0816_IMG.jpg
    108-0816_IMG.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 108-0809_IMG.jpg
    108-0809_IMG.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 126
I did the 360hp kit. The intake runners are about an inch shorter on the track heat intake compared to the street. I have gears and a blower so the little bit of torque I gave up on the bottom end was fine with me. Other than the intake everything else is the same in both kits. Do they include the oil filler now for the VC?