What upgrades do you recommend for a 03-04 Cobra?

Detonate

Jul 13, 2004
What upgrades do you highly recommend getting for a stock 03-04 cobra? Make it a top 10 list if you could. For example, Steeda Double Hook Clutch Quadrant & Firewall Cable Adjuster, Sub-Frame Connectors. Things that don't really make the car fast but fix what ford has left behind.

And what do you guys think of MM's The Maximum Grip Box? It seems really nice to me and is it worth the price. I wanna be able to track but with the outdated chasis, is it even worth it? TIA

• Sponsors (?)

Let's say the warranty is not a factor. I doubt alot of ford engineers would find the subframe connectors cause of problems. And if anything, I might have the dealer install parts to warrant them. So if you list, please disregard warranties. Thanks.

Well there have been a few 03/04 owners who lost part of their drivetrain warranty because of sub-frames. It's all based on your specific service advisor. Some are cool, others are buttheads!

If warranty is not an issue, then here's my list of "must have" upgrades....

1. CAI
2. Cat-back
3. pulley/tune
4. SFC's
5. Shifter
6. Quadrant
7. Throttlebody
8. Mid-pipe
9. Headers
10. KB or Whipple

The MM grip in a box is a good deal if you plan on running down the twisties. Check out Griggs and Hans Racecraft <sp?> stuff too.

U.M.