Roush What Upgrades Would be Necessary On A 95 Saleen 351

Lewinski

Apr 2, 2007
There are alot of upgrade options available...I know that, but what would be recommended. I would like to upgrade the 5 speed to a 6 speed, I was thinkning T56 Tranny, but is their a better upgrade. A list of upgrades would be a great help.

• Sponsors (?)

There are alot of upgrade options available...I know that, but what would be recommended. I would like to upgrade the 5 speed to a 6 speed, I was thinkning T56 Tranny, but is their a better upgrade. A list of upgrades would be a great help.

depends what you want from the car, what you want it to do and if you're willing to modify a future classics originality. That's always one of my big debates. I haven't done anything to it yet but if I did do anything it would most likely be Griggs K member & suspension to lighten it up in front. A T56 would be heavier than a 5 speed and doesn't have any more use, I think, than helping fuel economy. Check you have a steel or aluminum driveshaft. If its steel, an aluminum or carbon fiber driveshaft should be a nice upgrade.

If you have the intestinal fortitude & financial wherewithall, the first upgrade I would recommend is a 400+ cubic inch stroker short block.
You'd have the extra torque & horsepower & externally the engine would look completely original.