What will the next Cobra R be like?

It is supposed to be called a "GTR" and will have a revolutionary turbocharged rotary V8.

How can an engine be both a V8 and a rotary? A rotary engine does not have cylinders. :( A rotary engine is similar to a RX-8.

I would like to see the V-10 engine that was produced by those Ford engineers, dropped into the GT, and tested by MOTOR TREND. That would be a good "R".

• Sponsors (?)

bfrede1 said:
How can an engine be both a V8 and a rotary? A rotary engine does not have cylinders. :( A rotary engine is similar to a RX-8.

I would like to see the V-10 engine that was produced by those Ford engineers, dropped into the GT, and tested by MOTOR TREND. That would be a good "R".

LOL, I was joking and was hoping that someone would catch that. I cant beleive it took 20 replies to catch that, especially on a Ford website. for shame people. :nonono:

69stanger said:
LOL, I was joking and was hoping that someone would catch that. I cant beleive it took 20 replies to catch that, especially on a Ford website. for shame people. :nonono:

hehe I thought that, but then i was thinkin that the rotaries have the 4 lil chambers and mabie they could make one with 8 :shrug: either way it would be stupid though

bfrede1 said:

I'm pretty sure the rotary motor is considered to have two cylinders even though they are not a typical cylinder. But I guess if you take the actual definition of "cylinder" they don't have any... Shrug. I guess I don't have a point, but a rotary with 4x the "triangles" ;) of an RX-7 would have to be awesome! Not really something that should be in a Mustang though.

lowest price ive seen on a 03 was $25k. it didnt last long on autotrader. people put them on ebay and expect to get more than they paid i guess. id love one just cant see myself paying insurance, taxes and payments that high.

yellow5.0cobra said:
I am starting to think with the stir from FORD with the V10 in the old MOTORTREND issue and some other advertising...

The V10 will be placed in the R.

My predictions are as follows:

230hp V6 Duratec 3.Xltr
310hp V8 3V 4.6ltr
420hp V8 4V 5.4ltr S/C'd
485hp V10 4V N/A

I hope those predictions are right.. and I hope Ford uses Clydesdales when rating the cars with that power too :nice: