What's this 69 Mach 1 worth?

My buddy is seriously looking at this 69 Mach 1 on flea-bay. He really wants something that is turn key and will not have to spend the next year or 2 restoring and working on. Looks like a pretty nice car, but I haven't been following the prices of 69 Mach 1's and want to help steer him right. Given the description and apparent condition, what price range would be considered a good buy for him?

• Sponsors (?)

that seems way high for a 351 car. i'd say that car should be more in the 26-28K range. if he wants a nice turn key 69 i'll be selling my 69 GT coupe in the next couple months. asking price will be $25k. pics can be seen here

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/bnickel69gt

it's not quite done, i've got a few little things left to do to it and i need to get some new pics of it but this will give him a general idea of it. this was my first car, i've had it for 23 years now and we're going to be buying a new house and need the money for a down payment otherwise i wouldn't be selling. if you think he'd be interested let me know and i'll get some new pics and give you all the details on it.

that seems way high for a 351 car. i'd say that car should be more in the 26-28K range.

I agree, that car is a $25-28K car, but do not undersell a 351 car. They are really climbing the price latter, especially if nicely done. It really is a nice blend of giving you the 69/70 Mach 1 car without the high cost of the BB ones.

This one sold for $40K
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one didn't hit reserve, but made it to $36K. Extremely well done.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i think the red car went too high personally, it's a nice car but the black 69 is a gorgeous car and almost a concours resto or rather is a concours quality resto with a few bolt ons

A couple of people over on VMF went to see the Red one in person, and said the car was very nice. I didn't care for the fact that it was a color change car for that much money, but all in all, very nice car.

If I was in the market for a 351 car, I would have been all over that Black one. The person who did the restore should be commended, they did a fabulous job.

Thanks for the replies and insight guys. He has some leads on a couple of others, so this information is helpul. If there are any 69/70 model gotchas that he should be looking out for or ask about, please let me know. I think we have the basics covered in terms of structure, body etc. But if these cars are known for any specific problems, please let me know.

just like any other 60's muscle car they are prone to rust, especially in corners and floors and cowls, though the 69/70 cars are much better in the cowl are than earlier models. these cars were pretty inexpensive when new so they didn't recieve a lot of rust preventative measures. also the 67-up cars are prone to cracking the shock towers especially with 351 or bigger engines. the big block cars started getting reinforced towers in mid 68 so they aren't as prone to cracking but the 351 cars are pretty bad about it, so that's annother are to watch. if you catch them early they are generally easy enough to repair before they grow but once they start growing a lot of times the only way to fix them is just to replace them