wheel alignment after k member install

0G2T

Sep 18, 2008
Hey guys, I put a qa1 k member and coil overs in my 2002 mustang gt. i know i need a wheel alignment. when i called the shop to make an appointment the guy asked me if qa1 had any special line up specs or if it was to be lined up to stock specs. are there special line up specs or do they just align it to stock?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

stock specs suck! they are way too broad. stock camber specs say -1.3* is acceptable. that will cause nasty inner edge wear on your front tires

set it up as follows

Camber on both sides to -0.60
caster can be anywhere as long as there is a -0.50 split. (ex. right 5.00 left 5.50)
toe to factory specs.

i have done alignments for years for a mustang performance shop and that is how i set up the street cars.

stock specs suck! they are way too broad. stock camber specs say -1.3* is acceptable. that will cause nasty inner edge wear on your front tires

Agreed factory specs are way too broad. I really hate the tech's that just adjust to "in the green".

Cant say I agree -1.3* camber will murder the tires. For a DD I'd probably dial in a little less, prob -1.0* at the most.

I didnt mean it like that. I know the stock ford specs allow for a lot of play but you dont have to go really far on it. Any alignment tech with common sense will set you up with what you want. make sure they give you a before and after print out.