Suspension Wheel Shake only when applying the

• Sponsors (?)

I had a wheel shake when I apply the brakes on my 2006. I change the front struts, had the rotors turned and change the brake pads. I still have the wheels shake when braking above about 35 miles an hour. What should I check next?

I've had that since the car was new (2005) - I remember reading somewhere that it was merely rust and dust accumulation wearing off and nothing to worry about so I stopped worrying and I just ignore it. The brakes are still very effective and I'm happy. :)

Reactions: 1 user
1. There are tools to check runout with the rotors on the car. As strongly as this sounds like warped rotors, this is where I’d start.
2. Checking tie tod ends, inner and outer, and and all bushings, sway bar included, is my next suggestion

Reactions: 1 users
Check hubs,there sealed and usually last along time but do need replacing.
Not too expensive but the nut needs to also be replaced and tightened to something over 250 ft.lbs

1. There are tools to check runout with the rotors on the car. As strongly as this sounds like warped rotors, this is where I’d start.
2. Checking tie tod ends, inner and outer, and and all bushings, sway bar included, is my next suggestion

What he said, plus check the control arm ball joints and bushings for wear.

Rotors turned does not mean runout is within spec
Dial indicator test your rotors for lateral runout
If the runout is above .008 you will feel a shake
Turned a lot of rotors
The hubless type can flex if chucked up too tight or with improper non matching hub adapters
This is most likely the problem
Always replace rotors if you can afford it
After turning a rotor they are usually real thin or close to the discard spec
Works for a while but they warp quicker next time you heat them up