When installing fuel pump...

dscolastico07

Might be a little more then a crack.
Mar 17, 2021
Newhampshire
Just got around to installing my new fuel pump. You think its ok that i used zip ties to zip tie the wires in the tank to the pump braket? The idea was to keep the 2 wires from never touching. Sorry forgot to take a picture

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on the material the ties are made from - I think most black-nylon types should hold up ok. I imagine some types (the cheap flimsy ones) would dissolve pretty quickly in fuel. If yours happened to dissolve, I don't think it would hurt anything, they'd just stop doing whatever you installed them to do (keep the wires separated -- which really isn't necessary as the stock install doesn't bother with anything like that) and likely drop to the bottom of the tank.

Thanks for the response guys . Really didnt want to do this all over again by my self on jack stands. Kinda a PITA. Got a little nervous because i chafed the negative wire putting it into the tank and some wire is showing. Should be fine i hope.

Thanks for the response guys . Really didnt want to do this all over again by my self on jack stands. Kinda a PITA. Got a little nervous because i chafed the negative wire putting it into the tank and some wire is showing. Should be fine i hope.

No worse than the non insolated connectors on the pump. Yeah, it'll be fine.

Kurt