Where can I find a 1968 fast-back?

• Sponsors (?)

Either you're looking for some hidden secret supply of cheap '67-'68 fastbacks, or you're so much of newbie that you haven't done any research or homework, and you didn't check the obvious...

First, there is no secret source for these cars. They are probably the highest demand non Shelby or special production Mustang currently. This means you can plan on paying a premium.

As for the obvious sources, check these:

www.ebay.com

www.collectorcartrader.com

Good luck, BUT PLEASE, OH PLEASE, DON'T MAKE IT YET ANOTHER ELEANOR UNLESS YOU'RE GONNA DRIVE IT LIKE NICK CAGE DID IN THE MOVIE! Thanks.

DarkBuddha said:
BUT PLEASE, OH PLEASE, DON'T MAKE IT YET ANOTHER ELEANOR UNLESS YOU'RE GONNA DRIVE IT LIKE NICK CAGE DID IN THE MOVIE! Thanks.

nick didn't drive it THAT hard. my mom could have done that.. but i'm with you NO MORE ELEANORS!!

also, look in the news papers and buyer flyers, u'd be supprized what you can come up with.

67GTA-FB429 said:
But be prepared to pay for it. Eleanor and a fastback both high demand wants.

too bad you can't just pick up a looks-ok-runs-ok pos for a couple grand. I've been wantin one and really you get either restored (or mostly) for a lot or a rusted and beat up shell - I might have to wait :(

If you want to build a eleanor have fun with it.Not all classic guys hate the "E" .Best bet is finding a resto that is in the works. People lose interest or something comes up and they want to sell.Its going to be a long search if you want something affordable but thats part of the fun.Beware of rust.

Hell, I'd build an Eleanor clone just to tweak you guys! :D Seriously, to hear some of the people on this forum, you'd think Eleanor clones were on every street corner. Here's my challenge: post a pic of any Eleanor clone you happen to see in person. Then post pics of every stock bodied fastback you see, betcha the stockers outnumber the clones 10-1. Anyone wanna bet? :shrug:

zookeeper said:
Hell, I'd build an Eleanor clone just to tweak you guys! :D Seriously, to hear some of the people on this forum, you'd think Eleanor clones were on every street corner. Here's my challenge: post a pic of any Eleanor clone you happen to see in person. Then post pics of every stock bodied fastback you see, betcha the stockers outnumber the clones 10-1. Anyone wanna bet? :shrug:
I'd like to post pictures of all the Eleanors I've seen in person (maybe 7 total in the last year), but I don't like the car enough to waste perfectly good film on it. As for the stockers vs. Eleanors, I'll agree that its probably a 10:1 ratio, but I also believe that every one of the stockers would be different, and every Eleanor has been the damn same. :rolleyes:

I search the autotrader online and 67 and 68 fastbacks are definately the hardest to find. As for the Eleanor conversion, it sounds the same around here as the last time I was here six or more months ago. Get over it. What people do with their cars and cash is their buisness. I have a 67 Shelby clone with nothing original about it. Motor, tranny paint nothing. If I do a version of the Eleanor, it won't decrease my value. And a search on the internet will show they are not all the same. I have seen them in various forms of eleanor and various colors. As for them being everywhere, I went to the Houston Autorama this year, and like the other two since the movie came out, I did not see one Eleanor. And that show has just about everything. I participate in several cruise nights around the south Houston area, and have never in three years seen one. I have seen much worse done to Mustangs in the name of "restomod" than eleanor. Just my 2 cents. Peace.