• Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech

Where does this go?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andy CobraII
  • Start date Start date Aug 29, 2005
A

Andy CobraII

New Member
Aug 13, 2003
52
0
0
Aug 29, 2005
#1
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #1
Gentlemen,

I finally got my engine running after pulling and putting in a
t5. I have this yellow lead dangling and was wondering what
it is supposed to attach to. It is a hot lead.
I circled in photo from an engine picture from mustang.net

andy
 

Attachments

  • V8-engine.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 174

Wart

I'm Mad as HELL and I'M not Gonna Take it ANYMORE!
Founding Member
Sep 1, 1998
408
3
58
NE Ohio
Aug 29, 2005
#2
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #2
Do you have a rear window defroster?
 
A

Andy CobraII

New Member
Aug 13, 2003
52
0
0
Aug 29, 2005
#3
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #3
No Defroster

I don't think so, I don't recall any wires.
Basically this would go to an accessory item?
 
C

COBRAIIW

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
562
1
0
CT
Aug 29, 2005
#4
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #4
oops.
 
A

Andy CobraII

New Member
Aug 13, 2003
52
0
0
Aug 29, 2005
#5
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #5
Goofy wiring

Well my headlights are working,
but there is some extra wire in the
grill. I always thought was an aftermarket
alarm. I'll check my headlight leads....

thanks
andy
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Aug 29, 2005
#6
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #6
Andy CobraII said:
Well my headlights are working,
but there is some extra wire in the
grill. I always thought was an aftermarket
alarm. I'll check my headlight leads....

thanks
andy
Click to expand...

I found an extra wire in my grill too, looked like speaker wire, like someone had aftermarket fogs in, but I can't seem to find any holes where they'd be mounted, so
 
T

THE COBRAMAN

pig 'rassler
Founding Member
Mar 11, 1999
1,974
0
36
Oklahoma
Aug 29, 2005
#7
  • Aug 29, 2005
  • #7
As Wart indicated, it's the lead for the rear window defroster. All IIs have it.

Extra wire in the grille usually is the ambient air temp sensor wiring on A/C cars that have had the A/c removed.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Electrical V8 swap no power to anything
  • Bullittsmith
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
4
Views
158
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Sep 15, 2026
Mcmahst
S
Under-the-hood Wiring
  • Sparksteam
  • Sep 18, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
381
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 22, 2025
EP429
9
Paint and Body Rust what to do now
  • 97sn95
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
145
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 13, 2026
Noobz347
J
Bad Vibration
  • jefffletch47
  • Feb 12, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
385
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 2, 2026
dgrinnan
D
T5 5th gear 89 gt
  • mac_55
  • Mar 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
233
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 20, 2026
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?