Where is the EEC Power Relay?

TheUser

Jul 25, 2003
Springfield, MO
Where is the EEC Power relay? I need to check for VPWR. I have the wiring diagrams, but those are a little difficult to follow and the book has wire colors wrong it seems...is there any where that lists the locations of the actual relays like under dash, under seat, part of engine bay, etc? Looked under my dash and there's a plug that has no connector...I prob. should find out what that is too. I've looked at the tmoss diagrams, by the way

• Sponsors (?)

the main computer relay (EEC) should be above the puter in the pass kick panel. i am not sure if that is what you are asking....if not, my bad.
good luck.

yeah that seems to be what i'm looking for. I knew it was probably in that vicinity because I found the body ground, green 8 pin connector and of course the 60 pin, but no EEC Relay. Dang...that's gonna be tough to get to!

i think that TMoss and others have said it is kinda like the turn signal relay, in that it is known to be in a general area, but where exactly, is not precise.
i know it has been addressed before, so if you dont have luck, try a search. might get some info from the gurus. :)
good luck.

The ECC relay is above the computer under the passengers side kick panel. Take the passenger side speaker out and you can almost see it. You'll need some small hands or be willing to make a skin scarifice to get to it.