Where is the high pressure switch located on 1998 ford mustang base..?

• Sponsors (?)

Hello
My 1998 Ford Mustang base a/c is blowing hot air..I am using process of elimination to correct this problem..The clutch is moving smoothly during the recharge..I have located the low pressure switch and connector..I have switch out both and still no progress..which now leaves me with the high pressure switch on high side along with connector..Since the clutch and compressor are moving, I have eliminated the power connector on bottom of compressor...The next thing to do , I was told, to find the CCRM and fix the a/c relay...I located the relay, but I am not sure of the high pressure switch...Can you help me with any of those problems..???

Hello
My 1998 Ford Mustang base a/c is blowing hot air..I am using process of elimination to correct this problem..The clutch is moving smoothly during the recharge..I have located the low pressure switch and connector..I have switch out both and still no progress..which now leaves me with the high pressure switch on high side along with connector..Since the clutch and compressor are moving, I have eliminated the power connector on bottom of compressor...The next thing to do , I was told, to find the CCRM and fix the a/c relay...I located the relay, but I am not sure of the high pressure switch...Can you help me with any of those problems..???
If we assume the AC high pressure switch it's located on the AC line towards the front to the right of the radiator.

My 1998 Ford Mustang base a/c is blowing hot air..I am using process of elimination to correct this problem..The clutch is moving smoothly during the recharge..I have located the low pressure switch and connector..I have switch out both and still no progress..which now leaves me with the high pressure switch on high side along with connector..Since the clutch and compressor are moving, I have eliminated the power connector on bottom of compressor...The next thing to do , I was told, to find the CCRM and fix the a/c relay...I located the relay, but I am not sure of the high pressure switch...Can you help me with any of those problems.

My 1998 Ford Mustang base a/c is blowing hot air..I am using process of elimination to correct this problem..The clutch is moving smoothly during the recharge..I have located the low pressure switch and connector..I have switch out both and still no progress..which now leaves me with the high pressure switch on high side along with connector..Since the clutch and compressor are moving, I have eliminated the power connector on bottom of compressor...The next thing to do , I was told, to find the CCRM and fix the a/c relay...I located the relay, but I am not sure of the high pressure switch...Can you help me with any of those problems.

My 1998 Ford Mustang base a/c is blowing hot air..I am using process of elimination to correct this problem..
Sigh......Load up the "parts cannon" and let the "part swapping" begin.

I can't help you with the "part swap" method of trouble shooting. IF on the other hand you want some help using a Volt-Ohm meter (VOM) to test a part before replacing it, then I might be able to help.

A reasonable priced budget VOM can be had for $20 ($10 if $$ is really tight) can be had with the money saved by not replacing a "good" part. This goes double where the CCRM is concerned as it's not a cheap part. The goal here is to test and replace a part only when we KNOW it's bad (or have a strong evidence).

Should you wish to step up to the "test first" trouble shooting method, using a VOM test for key on (AC on) at the low pressure (P wire). Use a known good ground.

IF no power, then the problem is upstream such as the AC mode control switch, fuse (I/P #6), wiring.

IF power then the problem is down stream. More tests are needed.

Note IF there's no power at the low pressure switch DB/Y while there is power at the Purple wire, then the low pressure switch is OPEN. Which means the Freon charge is low or the low pressure switch is bad.

Last edited:
Good advice, an acquaintance tried that with his Lexus and would have blown the system up if not for a high pressure relief valve in the system. R134a is not like the old R12, small changes in charge can make a big difference in the pressures.