Where should i spend $$$ next?

bloopbloob

Sep 27, 2006
Alberta
well most everything i have done so far is in my sig. (& the engine was rebuilt back to stock about 2 yrs ago, new bearings, oil pump, timing chain etc), so i think it will hold up to some more mods. i'm just looking for advice for some cheaper mods ($0-$400) for now that you might recommend, and in what order? i have some subframes waiting to get put on, a 3G alt i'll probably put on tomorrow.... but then what? i'm looking for easier-to-do mods (i'm not a mechanic, and i live in an apt..), but i do as much as i possibly can. i plan on some 3:73's and new tires very soon. then what? custom chip? aluminum DS? intake manifold ( i'd like to do h/c/i, but it'll take a long time to scrounge that $$$, just a student!), control arms, torque boxes, hood/front bumper?... etc. what are the worst parts on my car right now?
also, any ideas what i'm putting down for hp. now? i'd guess maybe 250-260 fwhp??? not sure how that translates to rwhp... what will i need to do to run low 13's, maybe even 12.9x? never been to track, but i'd like to go when i get it built up a bit more! thanks in advance :SNSign:
oh i guess i should add - i'm basically looking to see what purchases you guys have made that you've been happiest with. i'm up for engine/interior dress up, exterior styling, engine handling, etc. i plan on doing everything up, just kinda looking for an order to do it!

• Sponsors (?)

IMO .. do the suspension and drivetrain first .. rebuild the whole rearend while you are putting in the 3.73's, and yes put in an aluminum driveshaft (try to find a used one though as new ones can be very expencive). Then torque box reinforecments and springs, and if you have some cash left over some control arms. But at the same time if you ABSOLUTLY need tires, you should probably go that route first, otherwise hold off.

Your running heads with the stock intake? Dude thats you main bottle neck! Free that up and you gonna make some power. Go cheap, get a Cobra. There like 399 brand new! Mite wanna get some 1.7 RR's for the stock cam. It will help with power at higher RPM's with the new intake!

Well now i feel like an idiot, because these two are absolutly right. I didn't even see that you had heads, otehrwise i would have said the same thing. But yea def. go with a new intake, and thennn do what i said to do ..

well i'm not sure how great the heads are. just ported stockers. not sure what was done to them, but i think it was about $600 to get it done. will they flow that much more than stock? what do i need to rebuild the rear end? i plan on rebuilding the trac-loc when i install the gears, anything else in there i should do?
would i be better off with a cobra intake (polished $430)? what about the typhoon? ($370 polished). or would it be better to just spend a bit more on a trickflow ($450 unpolished). (And with the TF - would the Street or Track heat be better?). I like the looks of a polished cobra, but i dont want to run out of room to grow with future mods...

Nope thats all i was talking about when i said rebuild the rear-end, do the trac loc also, while your doing the gears, that way its all done. And for the intake, it really depends on how much you actually plan on doing. You would probably be ok with the cobra but if you plan on going over 400 hp you might want somthing a little better ..