Where to BUY Convertible Rear Window

mhorn0817

Apr 27, 2006
i accidently busted the glas in my brand new top and so now im curious where should i buy the replacement window from? and should i get glass or plastic? i like glass better but it seems like plastic is cheaper and safer for now. what and where?

thanks
mike

latemodelrestoration.com can hook you up. you can go with either plastic or glass. a lot of upholstery shops like to deal with the plastic better for some reason. with plastic you done have to worry about the glass breaking and you can get a tinted version, but plastic is prone to clouding over time.

a little off topic but....

i have never seen a back glasss bust until 2 weeks ago when slow95gt's broke. ive had verts before and never had it happen. WTF would cause it to up and bust.

I have seen a couple shatter, but one had a screw driver in the well and the other had a golf ball. come to think of it, Dave's shattered last week.

I have seen that site before. find out what brand of tops/windows they carry and ask the local shops if they recommend it. EZ-ON is what most people sell and a lot of shopd have experience working with those parts.