Where to BUY Convertible Rear Window

mhorn0817

Apr 27, 2006
i accidently busted the glas in my brand new top and so now im curious where should i buy the replacement window from? and should i get glass or plastic? i like glass better but it seems like plastic is cheaper and safer for now. what and where?

thanks
mike

• Sponsors (?)

latemodelrestoration.com can hook you up. you can go with either plastic or glass. a lot of upholstery shops like to deal with the plastic better for some reason. with plastic you done have to worry about the glass breaking and you can get a tinted version, but plastic is prone to clouding over time.

a little off topic but....

i have never seen a back glasss bust until 2 weeks ago when slow95gt's broke. ive had verts before and never had it happen. WTF would cause it to up and bust.

I have seen a couple shatter, but one had a screw driver in the well and the other had a golf ball. come to think of it, Dave's shattered last week.

I have seen that site before. find out what brand of tops/windows they carry and ask the local shops if they recommend it. EZ-ON is what most people sell and a lot of shopd have experience working with those parts.