Where to buy rear caliper tool?

• Sponsors (?)

Chris, any parts store should sell the tool (you are talking about the little cube, right?). I have never used one - I use on-hand tools to spin the rod in.

Good luck.

the tool is $90 from my autozone, which i don't really want to spend. the one they have is an adjustable one (has different sizes) so it's more

no parts store around me has this thing, so i wonder if i can just get it at the ford dealer or something... i've never been to the dealer

HISSIN50 said:
Chris, any parts store should sell the tool (you are talking about the little cube, right?). I have never used one - I use on-hand tools to spin the rod in.

Good luck.

i don't know what ur referring to.. a little cube ? i dunno

you're not supposed to vs. can't spin the rod in with the gt/cobra (should be the same) rear calipers because there's two little notches that must be held. so the tool i'm talking about is a threaded shaft that when you spin, compresses the piston. the piston side is a circular flat piece with two nipples

Don't get the "cube" tool. That one sucks. I rented the rear caliper kit from Autozone for $38 that was refundable when I returned it. The kit has bunch of different attachments, so you'll find one that fits just fine.

if anyone has a pic of the one Chris is talking about, lemme know. The cube is what friends use, but like I said, I do it all shadetree.
I am interested in knowing what a good tool is for if I ever cant get it done with my methods......