Where to get a replacement leather steering wheel cover??

• Sponsors (?)

870452004150.zoom.1.jpg

Wheelskins.com is another option. Not as neatly finished as the OEM or FR500 wheels but a lot cheaper and many more options. Basic one piece covers are about $40 at some of the online resellers and they go up from there if you want two-tone or perforated.

Here's a Mustang wheel from their gallery:

13.%20Original%20Grey%20on%20Mustang%20Wheel.jpg

Another option is to have it refinished at somewhere that specializes in automotive interior restoration or customization. This may cost as much as the FR500 wheel (or even possibly the OEM wheels) but the FR500 only comes in charcoal so if you want tan, and you want an OEM finish, your choices are limited.

Or... if you're feeling adventurous and are handy, get you a piece of leather, cut the old cover off and use it as a pattern and make a new cover yourself.

When I installed cruise control in my 99 GT, the steering wheel I got from prestige mustang parts didn't have leather in the best shape, so I got a new cover from wheelskins. The seam/stiching isn't as super tight like oem, but if you take your time you can get it to look as good as the picture in the previous post. :nice:

Wheelskins.com is another option. Not as neatly finished as the OEM or FR500 wheels but a lot cheaper and many more options. Basic one piece covers are about $40 at some of the online resellers and they go up from there if you want two-tone or perforated.

Here's a Mustang wheel from their gallery:

13.%20Original%20Grey%20on%20Mustang%20Wheel.jpg

Another option is to have it refinished at somewhere that specializes in automotive interior restoration or customization. This may cost as much as the FR500 wheel (or even possibly the OEM wheels) but the FR500 only comes in charcoal so if you want tan, and you want an OEM finish, your choices are limited.

Or... if you're feeling adventurous and are handy, get you a piece of leather, cut the old cover off and use it as a pattern and make a new cover yourself.

Thanks. I requestd some color samples to make sure they match mine. $200 for a wheel to get the leather cover is retarded. I have a local upholstery shop I'll try also. What type of thread would a person use to stitch it back on?

The wheelskins covers are supposed to include nylon cord and a needle so you shouldn't have to worry about it, although you could use a heavy thread if you want to use something different like a complementing color. There may be a more precise name for it than "heavy duty thread" but basically, that's what you'd need.