where to purchase a windshield from?

• Sponsors (?)

I got a green tinted brand new windsheild off ebay for $160 to my door.

I about blew a...well nevermind I was excited...and I wanted to share the great news but I didnt let any of you all know casue I didnt wanna bid against any of you yahoos :rolleyes:

It was a glass company reducing inventory. It came in the box from the manufacturer....pilkington I think is the name of the manufacturer the same that make the glass for freightliners I noticed the other day for whatever thats worth.

Your local "discount" glass shop/installer should have one for you. I had mine replaced and it was $200 installed. Yes, $200 total, including glass, and they even came out to my house and installed it for me. I asked about getting legit Carlite (which is big coin when resto shops sell it) which they said they sometimes get from old inventory and is the same price, but they said they couldn't guarantee it. I didn't end up getting the Carlite, but when they did show up, it was excellent quality (non-resto correct) PPG with tint across the top. Probably one of the best things I've done in terms of driver pleasure... nothing like actually being able to see out the windshield without horrible scratches and glare. :nice:

66 Mustang got mine for $140 "Carlite"

Yep,

Got mine for $140.00 and it was a Carlite, I installed my self, hell the butyl seal (nonhardened, gooey, petroleum-based caulk) was $40.00... almost 1/2 the windshield cost.....

Well I bought the windshield from Edd's Automotive & Glass in Grapevine Tx phone 817-329-3337 talk to Ray great guy.