wheres the best place to purchase brake conversions and kits?

• Sponsors (?)

how much?

i also was talking to a guy that i know that has owned in upward to 18 fox body cars and he was telling me the pbr calipers are on lots of cars like tahoes, corvettes,and many others he said they are the same ones on his z06. and that i can get some off the back of a tahoe

:nice: Smart choice. I just got done doing that conversion and it makes all the difference in the world. Yeah man, check out Matt Bobbit's site.

I pieced together a m-2300-k brake kit but upgraded to SS braided hoses and got some other stuff at great prices because I searched and searched. If you are not going to buy a kit, make sure you search for the best prices.

PS-Just so you know, Summit price matches any cheaper price you find on the internet. I will say this......that is how I got my brand new genuine FRPP 1999 Cobra wheels for $95 each plus $9 for handling. NO SHIPPING cost!!!

If you need any help picking out your parts, let me know....I just went through it.

Justin

i will need some help i just bought a spindle calipers and rotors all the stuff from a 98 gt i was going to use this as a base and buy all the other stuff slowly since i cant afford to buy the wheels and this stuff at the same time
i dont plan on keeping any of the parts i bought since they are used except the spindles. it was the same price as just the spindles in another auction

94/95 Spindles are the Best Choice for up front if you are not going to buy the kit. You can buy an Entire Rear from 94-98 if you wish or you can swap all the parts off to your Housing as its exactly the same. You need to read up as there is alot of other stuff to go, Booster, M/C, 3-2 Kit, Adj Prop Valve, Handbrake Modifications, Handbrake Cables, Yada Yada Yada.

My M2300K was $1799 Delivered from PPI. Expensive, Yes, but worth every penny, plus everything is Brand New!

For the rear caliper brackets, I went with the M-2300-M kit and that comes with the Cobra rotors (rear 11.65"), caliper brackets and dust shields for about $170.

Axle length really depends on what wheels you plan to go with. If you want 17x8 you should go SN95 length but if you want 17x9 you should go fox length.....this also depends on backspacing for the wheels. I used 17x8 with SN95 length axles.

From what i hear, the '98 spindles will push the front wheels out 8mm. Fender interference might occur. Some have no issues, while others do. I used '95 GT spindles and the tires/wheels tuck in nice. The 8mm is just something to consider. If you do a search on the later SN95 parts, you may dig up more info but I think http://www.svo73mm.cjb.net/ details the specs better than I can.

Oh yeah, if you decide to keep your stock track with the fox length axles, you will need to buy offset caliper brackets from http://www.northracecars.com/catalog/brakes/brakes.htm.