Which Clutch

DEADCELL

Apr 5, 2016
Jacksonville
I've been looking around for a new clutch but can't get a straight answer... napa has a luk clutch kit 07-913 I'm considering the ford racing king cobra clutch..... if anyone has any suggestions I would really like some input....

• Sponsors (?)

Currently it has a stock motor with a sve upper and lower intake,75mm throttle body,BBK cold air intake,flow pro maf and long tube headers.....so I'm not to sure about the hp or torque.... I do have another engine that I'm building when done it will be a 347 not sure about the hp on it until I pick the top end kit but it should be between 300/400.... everything I have read said both kits will hold up to that much power.

If you're looking for a performance improvement the the King Cobra you suggested is a good choice. Another good choice for that power level is a Dual Friction Centerforce.

Probably as much holding power as the King Cobra but with a lighter pedal feel and more force on the pressure plate as RPM increases.

Yes... There are other clutches just as good and many that are even better but those two are very good for DD and the occasional rip down the 1/4.

My third choice would be a Spec Stage 2. They have a harsher pedal and are often picky about being broken in properly. I will say that they tend to be an acquired taste.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users