Which Disc Brake Kit for my '68 Coupe?

gntcorker

Jul 20, 2005
Hi everyone! This is my first post in this forum. I have been getting lots of good information over the last few weeks from you guys. Now to my question. I have a '68 coupe with 4 wheel drum brakes. I want to convert to 4 wheel disc brakes. I have TT II rims 17x8 with 4.75 backspacing. I have been researching this high and low on several forums. Although my first bet would be to go with the MustangSteve kit it looks like it will not work with my rims. So, from the research, it looks like it comes down to 2: complete Bear Disc set-up vs. the complete Master Power set-up. What are your opinions and which would you recommend?

Thanks for you opinions,

car set-up:
351W, T5Z Transmission, 8" rear-end

• Sponsors (?)

I don't see why MS's kit wouldn't fit, and those are some damn good brakes. 17" is a big enough diameter rim to fit over those brakes.

Otherwise, I'd go for the Scarebird kit. Right at $300 with pads and MC. :D

I went Baer 13" manual, front only. Very complete kit, great performance, great cust service. Worth every penny in my opinion, it was like $1300, heck ive got a 1000 deductible if anyone stopped too fast in front of me. Baer suggested manual on 65-66 because of booster fitment concerns. I wasnt sure manual 11" manual would have made me happy. The thing is 11" would have opened up more rim choices if it would ever be sold to someone that dont like 17's on classics, but she's mine and i'll dress her like i want to. you wont be dissapointed w/Baer.