Which Engine Block For 2001 Cobra

lucio

Sep 21, 2014
I just purchased a 2001 cobra that was driven into a deep water puddle. In Texas we've gotten about a week and a half of rain. I got this car for a great price. I pulled the plugs got it to turn over I then drained the oil and did an oil change I did get the car started but has a loud knock plus pushed out alot of oil on the ground so guessing maybe put a hole in the block. Is there another block I can use maybe a short block from a Lincoln mark viii. I don't drive my cars hard I like to keep them in original condition. I know kinda odd for a mustang lover. Lol. But don't plan on any upgrades just stock. Any advice appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I just purchased a 2001 cobra that was driven into a deep water puddle. In Texas we've gotten about a week and a half of rain. I got this car for a great price. I pulled the plugs got it to turn over I then drained the oil and did an oil change I did get the car started but has a loud knock plus pushed out alot of oil on the ground so guessing maybe put a hole in the block. Is there another block I can use maybe a short block from a Lincoln mark viii. I don't drive my cars hard I like to keep them in original condition. I know kinda odd for a mustang lover. Lol. But don't plan on any upgrades just stock. Any advice appreciated.
Did this work out for you? My brother spun a rod bearing and I was thinking of using a 97-98 mark viii lower. He also has 01 cobra.