which headers should i buy

Riz2425

Apr 2, 2004
Missouri
Im trying to buy headers for my 88 5.0 LX but i dont know whether i need special ones b/c i have a flowtech h pipe. they would be shorty headers and i know the difference between equal and unequal length ones.. if anyone has any recommendations it would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

If it were me I would buy the Ford Racing version. I've tried Mac, BBK, and FRPP and FRPP had the best fit/quality. Any shorty header should bolt up. Use Felpro 1415 gaskets. Don't use paper gaskets (they come with some headers). They crack and are a bear to scrape off.

Go with the FRPP Ceramic headers. They are the best quality. They use 409 Stainless Steel and use REAL Jet Hot Coatings "Sterling" finish. They come with a Lifetime warranty from Jet Hot. As far as equal length and unequal length. You really are not going to pick up HP with the equal length and if you plan on keeping the car for a while it makes changing plugs a Bi***. Not worth it. Ford sells one header part#397-M-9430-P51 for them now for both stock and GT-40p heads. They will work on either. Also sn9550 is right about getting Felpro 1415's. Don't use the ones that come with the headers.

89sleeper said:
Go with the FRPP Ceramic headers. They are the best quality. They use 409 Stainless Steel and use REAL Jet Hot Coatings "Sterling" finish. They come with a Lifetime warranty from Jet Hot. Ford sells one header part#397-M-9430-P51 for them now for both stock and GT-40p heads.

I just got a set of these.........the quality is pretty impressive. Can't wait to get them installed! Damn rain............... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz2425
Thx for the help now one last thing where can i buy the head gaskets i see them listed but no place i can order them from.. and are these the ford racing headers your talking about ... http://secure.50resto.com/product1....&Category_ID=94

If you are going to go with FRPP then I suggest you pay the extra $50 and get the JET HOT Coated ones. Jegs has them for $299.00.
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommer...eader&srn=12&h=M004896194&ns=N&smartsearch=on

Go here and click on Ford Racing Shortie Headers.