Which Procharger?

oakeydoke

Aug 20, 2004
Which procharger would you recomend? I have the following mods GT 40 intake, windsor jr heads, b303 cam, 24# injectors, 1.72 rockers and the block is a 306 with forged internals. Been looking a while and now Im finally making the jump. I believe my compression ratio is around 9.5 to 1 too 10 to 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

_jb_ said:
Or you could do the D1SC, bigger and better than the P1SC. Especially if you have a forged engine, you can run upto I believe 14lbs with the D1sc, compared to the P1SC.

Plus the D1SC is an eight rib, compared to a six rib.

The ONLY differences between the P1SC and D1SC is 200 cfm and 2 psi. The P1 will support 1200 cfm(PLENTY for this setup) and 30 psi (WAY overkill for this setup). The P1 is all you'll need till you get over ~800 HP.

Never had a P series blower support 800HP, the D series is a better fit there, and just for reference the F1A is only good for about 1000HP.

Depends what you are doing with the car, the PS1C stage II upgrade will support a lot of power on a street car and feed even most stroker combo's. I would say do not be afradit o go with the larger blower the D series is a nice upgrade and will only cost about $300 more.

The car is mostly street toy and ocassionally takin to the track to play around with time trials. But I dont want to split the motor just yet. I need to work some more overtime to cover that! LOL

The P1SC is their newer entry level self contained blower. As per their website, it supports a max of 825 HP, 30psi and 1200 CFM. The D1SC is the bigger brother, it shows to support a max of 925, 32psi and 1400 CFM. Many people do opt for the D because it can handle the higher HP numbers more efficently than the P.

Your compression is fine but I suggest keeping it under 12psi on pump gas.

For your description, the P1SC will be fine, and still have room to grow if you throw in a stroker in the future.

I think you'll need a custom tune if the compression is closer to 10:1... The P and D series bring boost on very similar, I do find the D builds boost quicker, I am just finishing up a 96 32V Cobra with a D-Series.

Should I switch from the 24# injectors to the 42# when I get the charger? And Rick you dont think that 10. to 1 compression is going to hurt the longevity with a good tune? you guys are a great help. Also does the kit come with the battery relocator kit if that even needs to be done, seems like I have read that it located on the battery side of the car. One last thing would an intercooler benefit me since the compression is kinda high?:shrug:

42# injector for sure, intercooling will be a huge help and you will need a good custom tune to keep it in check w/ 10:1 comp. The kits come with a battery relocation kit.

trying in my mind to place were the intercooler would go in reference to the motor? Rick to bad you aint close to NC man I would feel real good letting you check my car out man!LOL But if you could give me a little more guidance you can shoot me an email at [email protected] I just dont want to screw anything up. I started on this supercharging idea march of 05 after buying the bigger 255 pump and maf meter for the 42# injectors and then was told that with the compression being like it was that they wouldnt do it. The motor had been sitting up for about 6 years and I finally got some cash to start back playing around with mustangs and picked up a decent body and here I am asking questions and would like the motor to last a little while not 100000 miles or anything just dependable on occasion. Thanks again Rick all advice you are given is great help as you seem to be very knowledgeble.