• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

White Face Gauges?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NorthwestGT
  • Start date Start date May 17, 2006
N

NorthwestGT

New Member
Jan 11, 2006
177
0
0
Pasco, WA
May 17, 2006
#1
  • May 17, 2006
  • #1
Have any of you guys put in a white face gauge kit?
 

2005RedGT

New Member
Nov 7, 2004
127
0
0
May 18, 2006
#2
  • May 18, 2006
  • #2
Yes (well Silver)

http://www.mymustangpage.com/2005redgt/page33
 
N

NorthwestGT

New Member
Jan 11, 2006
177
0
0
Pasco, WA
May 18, 2006
#3
  • May 18, 2006
  • #3
I think that's the same kit I was looking at (in white). I saw it in the California Mustang catalog. Couple of questions, did you just lay it over the stock face or remove the stock face first. Also, do the little warning lights shine through the area under the tach? It looks solid. Finally, were you able to get the pointers down so that light doesn't shine around them.

Thanks for the info.
 

2005RedGT

New Member
Nov 7, 2004
127
0
0
May 18, 2006
#4
  • May 18, 2006
  • #4
I removed the stock face and layed the new face on the cluster. The area under the tach do not shine through as easily in direct sun as well as stock, but are still visible. Example: sometimes it is hard to tell if my O/D is off or on. As far as the pointer, it was a snap and there are no light leaks anywhere.

-Bryan
 

JTGrant

New Member
Aug 2, 2005
775
0
0
GA
May 18, 2006
#5
  • May 18, 2006
  • #5
i love the my color!
 
N

NorthwestGT

New Member
Jan 11, 2006
177
0
0
Pasco, WA
May 18, 2006
#6
  • May 18, 2006
  • #6
Thanks for the run down Bryan. I did the white face deal in my '96. To be honest it was a pain, but it looked really nice. I'm a little reluctant to do it again, but I'd like to try.

As I remember it was very difficult to get the pointers back "exactly" as they were as stock. You could get them close, but it meant taking out that instrument cluster four or five times. I got to be an expert at it. I still think I can remove an SN-95 instrument cluster, have it on the bench with the dust cover removed in about 3 minutes, maybe 4
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Paint and Body Oxford White vs Vibrant White
  • keel
  • Apr 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
186
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 6, 2026
keel
C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
166
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
No volt reference?
  • Creomod
  • Aug 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
31
Views
539
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 14, 2026
Creomod
C
Resolved Dead speedometer... not odometer gears or trans speed sensor 4R70 W
  • cobramoneypit
  • Jul 22, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
85
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 22, 2026
cobramoneypit
C
Supercharger and What else do I need? 1990 Saleen Vert 5spd
  • AlbertaGolfer68
  • Aug 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
573
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?