Who has what type of short/stubby antennas?

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
Central VA
I'm looking to replace the tall factory antenna with a much shorter one. I do know that I do NOT want chrome or unpainted billet. Any suggestions and/or pics would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

bought one off ebay.....I think it was 18 bucks....
works fine. not sure what type it is, but the reception is not quite as good or "long range", but I stopped paying attention after the 1st ten minutes. Plus I have Sirius.
I believe it's 18 inches....the antenna.

I just cut mine, popped the little ball off the top, and jammed it back on the shortened stock antenna. Sanded it all down and painted it with some high temp engine paint I had laying around.

Looks good, but I don't even use it anymore, because I hate the sight of it, and it takes too long to remove it when I cover my car.

I want to get a delete plate from 50resto, I should have already put that on my car being that FM radio sucks hard enough in this ClearChannelMonopoly day in age that I don't even listen to the radio anymore.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-18919A 1&comp=LRS

Go to autozone or O'reilly's and buy the "cellular look alike" antenna. It is much shorter, has a little coil in the middle of the antenna, if painted black and fits in the slot. I have noticed no difference in radio reception and the look is much much cleaner. Cost me $8 bucks and however much gas it took me to get to oreilly's and back.

All of this could have been avoided if Ford would have incorporated dated in-glass antenna technology that has been used for at least the last 5 years by GM... :rolleyes:

My Mom's '01 Grand Prix GT doesn't have an antenna, and reception couldn't be better. :shrug:

gaberubin said:
got my 9" black shorty antenna from Stage 3 Motorsports. really cool guys with great prices and free shipping on every order.

- you can see it in a few of these pics:
http://gaberubin.com/roush/hood.html

- here's a direct link to the product @ Stage3:
http://stage3motorsports.com/product/AS6209K

I was SO fixated on your car and the new hood I TOTALY did not notice an antenna until you just pointed it out!!!!!!! I want the Roush front bumper, quarter windows and rear spoiler for my car.

Got my shorty antenna(8" from www.americanmuscle.com) on Thursday, but since the car was in the shop I had to wait until yesterday to install it. It looks great, but I did lose some reception quality. I can't get the Washington or Richmond stations as good now(both of them are about 50-60 miles away frorm me). However I don't listen to the radio a whole lot anyways...I love listening to what I want, when I want. Now that I have a 6 disc changer with mp3 capability, the listening enjoyment is virtualy limitless.

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

DSC02293.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02289.jpg
    DSC02289.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC02292.jpg
    DSC02292.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC02293.jpg
    DSC02293.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 48
Henceforward said:
All of this could have been avoided if Ford would have incorporated dated in-glass antenna technology that has been used for at least the last 5 years by GM... :rolleyes:

My Mom's '01 Grand Prix GT doesn't have an antenna, and reception couldn't be better. :shrug:

For once in this life, Hence, we are in agreement. :hail2: Heck mang, my 2003 Mitsubishi Gallant had in-glass antenna technology. :nice:

I AGREE 100%. SIR (Write it down 'cause with you and I agreement does not happen but once in a Haley's Comet Span :lol: )!

~J~