whos noticed this...

i was the same way..started out liking the aero gt hatch, then aero notches, then 4 eye hatch, then a 4 eye notch, and i now love the capri with a mustang hatch and tails. i have a gt aero hatch and i hate to say i want a 4 eye notch with the 79 pacecar front end really bad. like really really bad. i found a clean white 4cyl 4 eye notch for $300 and im seriously considering switching all my cars stuff over to that. my dad would kill me though

• Sponsors (?)

Strype said:

Thats the second time youve growled at me today! :rlaugh:

Honestly, my first ride in a mustang was in an 86 GT, and i fell in love with the car. I have always loved 4 eyes, just not 4 eye notchbacks.. The same with the aero nose cars though... i love the lx hatches, but not the GTs so much. i would actually take a aero nose notch over an aero nose GT.. maybe im just strange like that :shrug:

Im the same i liked aero foxes first then 4 eye and notches. I will admit though i only like the 83-86 4 eyed cars i think the rest are fugly. I dont like capris either..

I've always like the aero GTs, My dad(the one I have now), my uncle, my other uncle, and my grandpa all had twotone GT verts, it was awesome. 3 were black and we had the grey one. My uncle sold his GT vert 2 years ago to my other uncle whos car got stolen and stripped, and then my uncles bitch wife made him sell it for 1200!!!!(Mint GT GONE!!!! That pissed me off, then the guy he sold it to, the bitches brother sold it the next week for 5500!!!

Any way to the point, I didn't really like 4 eys or notches, then I saw some sick ass notches on here and loved them and saw that cleanass black 86 GT and I fell in love, I am still working on liking 4 eye notches though, they look a lil wierd to me, but I still like em. Like 88gtstreetrod's car, I really like that one.

There is a guy who lives a few blocks away that has a 85 gt with t-tops and polished 10 hole wheels. Its maroon with all new trim peices and grey interior. Ive never seen it on the road or heard it run but it is that car that opened my eyes to the 4 eye cars. I think my favorite is the 82 gt. I was actually thinking about swapping my areo front end out for an 82 nose.

i was the same way. didnt like the 4-eyed cars until i had one. now i dont like the look of aero cars :rlaugh: always like notches tho, had an 89 4-popper notch as my first car and i threw a 5.0 in it.

I used to think all foxes were just ugly :nonono: then I started liking the aero gts...then slowly the lx hatches...then the notches, then the foreyed notches and eventually the for eyed gts...well needless to say now my dreak car is basically Matt Barne's 86 gt :drool: :drool:

I absolutely HATED the fox bodies when they first came out in '79. Never liked em. Still don't.

j/k

I would do anything to have my Capri look like a Capri again and the four eyed Stangs are to die for. It's wierd too, whenever I think of a Mustang a fox body year pops in my head. I think I'd rather own a fox than a classic or a newer one. I've owned classics, foxes, and newer Stangs. I drive my parents '06 all the time and still, I love my fox best. :D

rigamaroles said:
I'm the total opposite, I didnt use to mind 4 eyed cars, now I like them, and I've always HATED GT's, unless its got a cobra insert, different front and rear bumper, I wont even look at it, looks like crap to me. Notch's I've always loved, and I have been known to have a soft spot for some tastefully done lx hatchbacks. I've never stopped hating on GT's though.

I don't like GTs either. Except the '82 and '86 GTs.

My first Stang was an 85GT so I'll always like those. I got it in late '87 when the aero style was just hitting the streets. The notches have grown on me over the past couple of years. I've never been able to get into the aero GT. When I was looking for my 85-86GT I saw a white '87 notch sitting on the dealer showroom floor. I remember barely giving it a second look. lol It was clean but it just wasn't what I was looking for. Little did I know how sought after that "plain-looking" car would be later on. Nor did I realize it probably would've handled my 85 pretty easily. lol If I get another Fox it'll probably be an aero coupe.

Yeah i totally agree....when i was younger i couldn't stand coupes, now i'm not in a hurry to own another hatch after driving my coupe for 3 years! I dunno about T topping it but i do wish they would have made a Capri coupe, not to mention an SVO coupe.

i know exactly what you mean...i started out only likeing the the sn95 5.0 and then my buddy introduced me to a 88 hatch and fell in love with the fox, but i only like the 87 and newer..this was when i was 16...now i just bought an 85 coupe and it is my favorite stang of all time..im so proud to own it..now i am the 20 year old turning all the 16 year olds onto foxes..esp the 4 eyes...you learn to respect the fox then to love it

I used to love the notches but not so much the GT's. My first stang was an 88 notch I drove that for a few years, but the whole time I owned it the hatch GT's kept growing on me. Until i couldnt stand it anymore and bought my '91.

Definitely true with me... When I first got one, I wouldn't take anything except a 87-93 GT Hatch... I disliked anything else, in fact, I also disliked the 94-98 models as well... Now I've owned a 4 eye, loved it, and currently own a 94, and it's my fav :p Capri's FTW as well, except for the bubble hatch, I can't quite dig that. My Fav fox nose is the 79-82 GT (and 79 Pacecar) nose