Why Boost Is Better Than Nitrous.

NIKwoaC

中國製造
15 Year Member
Oct 31, 2006
Chengdu Province
I know what you're thinking- "man, another Jalopnik reference... What the hell is wrong with him?"

Hey, it's got a Fox, so it's relevant, right?

http://jalopnik.com/what-a-car-looks-like-when-a-nitrous-bottle-explodes-in-706539520

k-bigpic.jpg

We all know kids and pets shouldn't be left in cars on hot summer days, but one Fox Mustang owner in Texas learned the hard way that bottles of horsepower-boosting volatile chemicals should be on that list as well.
According to News 9 in Midland, the recently-purchased 'Stang had a bottle of nitrous oxide in its trunk. The bottle overheated on a late June afternoon and exploded, taking the car with it. The TV station reports that the Mustang was a total loss, which is not surprising given this photo.
Thankfully, no one was injured. Pieces of the car were found as far away as three houses down.

• Sponsors (?)

saw this before on jalopnik really sucks!! where do they sell bottles without blow off discs? unless it was faulty that shouldnt happen

thanks bro but i was being sarcastic i have not seen a bottle without a blowout disc in a long time

ahhh ok... i see them from time to time. we just had one blow off the other day in the trailer. we have 1 valve that has a defuser in it but still has a disk.

ahhh ok... i see them from time to time. we just had one blow off the other day in the trailer. we have 1 valve that has a defuser in it but still has a disk.

scary sheot not having a blowout disc on bottle! i must admit im guilty as hell i have no blow down tube and there was a couple years i was filling the bottle almost weekly. I was using nos like a passing gear lol car was stock with bolt ons so 125 shot of nos gave it some balls, im happy as hell it never blew the disc out and filled my car!!

No one I personally know... They had a bottle explode at MIR last year took out the side of a guys trailer. Jackass was heating a bottle in a turkey deep fryer

LOLOLOLOL!

Some people just have no perception of danger. It's like these guys that will weld around flammable materials without a fire extinguisher handy or change the oil with nothing but a jack holding the car up on a sloped driveway.

Use some common sense, people.