Why replacing your suspension is good

PhantomGT

Founding Member
May 4, 2002
Austin Texas!
I just got home from TWS and all I can say is wow, the MattStang really kicked some ass this weekend. I built up a small kill list:
Evolution VIII
S2000
98 Z28
Mini Cooper
01 Corvette
03 Z06
Miata
00 Boxter
03 Cobra
96 Mustang GT
WRX… there are a few more, but I’m to tired to think right now
Had an excellent time. I Took a turn at 114 MPH! It was cool :D

mattstangtws.jpg

Mods:
Roush Springs, Bilstein struts, Bilstein shocks, COBRA Rear Swaybar, 93 COBRA R Front Swaybar, Sub frame Connectors, 3.73's, T-lok, Superchip

• Sponsors (?)

Drivers of most high end cars dont PUSH there cars at O/T events, those are easy kills, try running down a spec miatia, or a ITA integra.

I run down all the street cars at ot events pretty easy but the real hard core guys in preped cars are another story.

PhantomGT said:
I just got home from TWS and all I can say is wow, the MattStang really kicked some ass this weekend. I built up a small kill list:
Evolution VIII
S2000
98 Z28
Mini Cooper
01 Corvette
03 Z06
Miata
00 Boxter
03 Cobra
96 Mustang GT
WRX… there are a few more, but I’m to tired to think right now
Had an excellent time. I Took a turn at 114 MPH! It was cool :D

mattstangtws.jpg

Mods:
Roush Springs, Bilstein struts, Bilstein shocks, COBRA Rear Swaybar, 93 COBRA R Front Swaybar, Sub frame Connectors, 3.73's, T-lok, Superchip

What kind of lap times did you run?

We left the stop watches in the 03 Cobra, next to the video camera, or else I would have some good video of the event. Long story short, we tried to install Brembos on the 03, but ran out of time and the car isn’t drivable at the moment, or else I would have driven it on the track. Im moving the stock Cobra brakes onto the V6 for the next event. I might throw my cam and roller rockers in it too.

The balance of the V6 is almost perfect for these kinds of events; If only I had about 20 more TQ I would be happy.

Yeah, my friends Spec Miata could easily take me, That red Miata that I passed was very hard to catch, but I finally took her on the strait away.

I do wish that more Mustangers would get involved with these kinds of events, there were 3 times as many F-body guy’s there as there were Mustangs. Oh well..