• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Wierd Vibration

  • Thread starter Thread starter im2damncool
  • Start date Start date Jan 22, 2007
I

im2damncool

Founding Member
Dec 28, 1999
249
0
0
Chico, CA
Jan 22, 2007
#1
  • Jan 22, 2007
  • #1
As I accelerate through 2'nd gear the car shudders. Only if i'm light on the gas. Any ideas?
 

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
2,867
3
58
Port Elgin, Ontario
Jan 22, 2007
#2
  • Jan 22, 2007
  • #2
is it more of a chugging or bucking....or does it feel more like a warped clutch or something
 

tording

Founding Member
Nov 11, 2000
164
0
0
Hampton, VA
Jan 23, 2007
#3
  • Jan 23, 2007
  • #3
Could be a few things. Could be a miss in the motor. I had a burnt plug wire on my car that caused a similar shutter at lower rpm's. Could also be a clutch I suppose but I would think that it would happen in all gears if that was the case. If its specific to the gear then the only thing that is the different in 2nd gear really is the transmission gear itself. I would check the plug wires first, never know.
 
I

im2damncool

Founding Member
Dec 28, 1999
249
0
0
Chico, CA
Jan 23, 2007
#4
  • Jan 23, 2007
  • #4
Not sure whether it's chugging or bucking. Can't say I know the difference. And I have no idea what a warped clutch feels like. It's an AODE if that helps. I will go check the wires though. Also I think I could use a new distributor and/or cap.
 

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
2,867
3
58
Port Elgin, Ontario
Jan 23, 2007
#5
  • Jan 23, 2007
  • #5
mine will buck if I am in 1st or 2nd just touching the gas (almost at an idle) ...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Acceleration Vibration
  • Blown02svt
  • Dec 31, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
740
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 5, 2026
General karthief
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
435
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Saturday at 12:05 PM
fasterthangas
F
D
Running both lean and rich with O2 heat codes
  • Danceswithfire5
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
131
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Sep 5, 2026
apple99Mustangdude
A
J
Lack of power on acceleration
  • jameshernandez
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
154
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 6, 2026
jameshernandez
J
M
Electrical lights
  • Magnet86
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
207
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 14, 2026
Magnet86
M
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?