Wifes tore ass,(04 taurus)ac noise.

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
last summer I Replaced compressor,accum,orifice tube from autozone kit.( New comp)was cold till this summer,now compressor makes noise and vent temp is 60 degrees.I did everything by the book,and now I'm looking at changing out comp.again.it was a beach the first time,and it's hot as he'll here in nevada.my pressures are 40 low 250 high side.while running on max ac.HELP PLEASE!

• Sponsors (?)

Did you have a vacuum drawn on the system after replacing the components? Also, did you flush the hoses, condenser, and evaporator?

I did pull 30 inches vac,waited two hours ,it held so I charged it.as far as flushing I tore old comp apart no black stuff,I don't have a way to flush.tonite I'll head and pull orifice to see it it's got stuff in it.AutoZone is ordering another kit and I've decided to replace this noise comp.

I did pull 30 inches vac,waited two hours ,it held so I charged it.as far as flushing I tore old comp apart no black stuff,I don't have a way to flush.tonite I'll head and pull orifice to see it it's got stuff in it.AutoZone is ordering another kit and I've decided to replace this noise comp.
Autozone has an A/C flush loaner tool, that and a $25 bottle of flush solvent are cheap insurance, especially on Fords.

Last edited: