Will Fox aluminum valve covers fit under Cobra intake?

ratio411

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
Pensacola FL
Car: 1994 GT convertible
Intake: Stock 1994-95 Cobra (GT-40 style)

Car still has tower brace.
Don't intend to use spacer between upper and lower.
Car still has stock GT valve covers.

Will the short Fox body aluminum covers fit, or are they still too tall with a Cobra intake?

I have the intake ready to swap on, and it looks a tiny bit taller.... ????
I was offered a set of the short HO aluminum covers, I know they are a bit taller than the stock 94 covers...

Thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

I run Fox aluminum covers. They will fit but you have to do a couple things first...

1. The vacuum fitting hanging down over the valve cover on the drivers side near the back needs to be swapped out with a shorter 90* fitting. I used a chromed 3/8" fuel line fitting in the "Chrome dress up" section of the AutoZone. It has the correct threads on one side and a hose barb on the other.

2. The EGR mount just behind the throttle body needs to be shortened up a bit on the bottom just below the lower EGR mounting stud. There is plenty of rounded extra material hanging down there and I just filed/ground it flat to clear the covers.

I can get some pics later tonight or tomorrow morning of the fitting and the area that needs ground down.

EDIT: Here's a link to the 90* hose barb fitting, it's made by Spectre

Amazon.com: Spectre 5946 Chrome 90-Degree Elbow Hose Fitting: Automotive

419RKTH2VTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Here's a pic of the EGR area that needs to be ground down a bit. I don't run an EGR and usually have just a blockoff plate over this area, so if you still have EGR you may have to grind the bottom to match.

EGR.JPG