Will fuel injection still work if the distributor is unhooked?

oldfox

Feb 19, 2009
Hi, I'm going to be installing a supercharger with a carburetor and using a
Mallory distributor. I would like to know if I can pull the original distributor
out and install the Mallory, Set the timing then install the supercharger.
Once the supercharger is installed the only way to pull the distributor
out and move it a tooth is to pull the supercharger off first. So I want to
set the distributor up first. Can I do this? Will the fuel injection still work with a Mallory distributor installed?
Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks Lee

P.S. it's a 91 Foxbody 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

What type of distributor are you installing? If your intake manifold does not have injectors anymore (in lieu of a carb), obviously the fuel injection is not going to function.

Right now the 91 Mustang is fuel injected But I'm switching it over to a carbureted supercharger.
My question is if I pull the stock distributor and install a Mallory in it's place will the fuel injection
still work? The Mallory is electronic. I would like to set the distributor up and set the timing before
I pull the stock intake off. Once the supercharger is installed you can't get the distributor out.
This way I would know for sure that it is installed correctly. That's why I would like to know if the
If the fuel injection will still work if I pull out the original distributor and replace it with the Mallory.
The Mallory is the only distributor that will work with this particular supercharger.

Does your new dizzy have a TFI module? If not, it probably won't run.

There are several ways to convert the ignition when going carb, so each situation and the components utilized can differ a bit.

Don't worry about being off a tooth... it doesn't matter. Just stab the Mallory dizzy, slap on the blower, then wherever the rotor is pointing, make that #1 and put your plug wires on accordingly.