WILL ONLY START WITH ETHER, CRANKS NORMAL BUT WONT START, PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

stang9210

Aug 17, 2007
Here is my problem, i have a 92 gt and i just redid the top end minus a cam, had no problems with anything on the car before, engine cranks normal but will not fire, only starts with ether and has a very shaky idle, will not stay running on its own, only unless i slightly hold the throttle, engine sounds great when running, dont think i messed anything up internally. I've had the engine running for over a minute with my foot slighty on the throttle but has no power and dies right when i take it off. After that the car will not start up again.

I am getting fuel to the rails and good fuel pressure, but it just doesnt seem like its getting the fuel through the injectors to fire, checked the injector plugs and they are pulsing. I pulled up a code 85 canister purge solenoid failure. I am not sure if this has anything to do with it not starting. Im thinking something may be wrong with the tps sensor, but would that cause a no start?

I changed the car to 24lb injectors and a new prom maf. The injectors are used and im wondering if they could be bad but if the engine stays running really crappy with my foot slightyly on the gas could that still mean they're bad? I don't think its the fuel pump because its turning on fine and I have also checked the inertia switch inside the trunk. Im so frustrated and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.