Paint and Body Windshield trim

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
should I mask this in place, or remove the trim to paint? Just looking to make it look better, don’t need show quality.
17076B3D-E7CE-49E0-B9A2-81BD1D63C102.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

They come off pretty easy with that tool. The lower hatch molding is the most difficult to take off without damaging it. I had to get a new one, couldn’t reuse it, I found out the hard way. Didnt have the correct tool. Luckily @STEVE PATTON had a extra one.

They come off pretty easy with that tool. The lower hatch molding is the most difficult to take off without damaging it. I had to get a new one, couldn’t reuse it, I found out the hard way. Didnt have the correct tool. Luckily @STEVE PATTON had a extra one.

Yeah, damaging them was my concern. Even with the right tool, I’m sure they won’t want to come off easily.

I’ve masked those and painted them with good results in the past. I have all mine off the car now for the paint job and got them all off ok except that lower hatch molding

The three metal trim pieces came off real easy with the tool.
The two plastic pieces next to the cowl were both put on with the inside tabs missing, so eventually I’ll replace those, but for now they’ll do, as the cowl vent holds that end in place anyway. I’ll get some pics up on my progress thread when I’m finished.