Windshield Wipers Not Working

• Sponsors (?)

The motor is under the plastic cowl, between the hood & windshield. There are several bolts under the hood to remove, then there are some clips that hold it in. Once all the bolts are out in front, you can give pop the cowl out.

I don't know where you would get a new motor except for a junkyard.

There is also a box under the dash that deals with the wipers. I forget what its called but I had to replace mine. I thought the motor was bad, threw a new one on and still didn't work. Then I found out about the control box replaced that and everything was fine. I don't think many people know that its there so I like to point that out when ever I see a post about wiper problems

I think Jinx is talking about the Interval governor.

I agree with the above thoughts. I'd start at the switch and test towards the wiper motor (the motor receives constant power so the wipers park after you remove power from the control circuit).

If you think it's the motor, give it a whack with a rubber mallet. Sometimes this will unstick the brushes and make the motor work for a short bit (and that kinda tells you that you're on the right track with your testing).