Wiper electrical question

ID89GT

10 Year Member
May 26, 2008
Spokane Valley, WA
Ok my windshield wipers have wiring issues. When I got the car they were all butchered up so I finally decided its time to fix them. I have a wiring diagram from Mitchell for the car and the wiring diagram don't really match whats on the car. Its an 89 GT and I have all the wires that are in the diagram connected how they are suppose to be but still have a black wire left over. And also when i connect the ground wire to ground it will run for like 3-5 seconds then it will stop and won't work till I undo it. I can attach pictures of the situation if it will help. Also was wondering if anyone else had some pictures of the wiring going to the wiper motor in good detail so I can compare. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

PM me your email address and I will send you a complete OEM Ford wiring diagram set for a 89 Mustang. It is too big to pass through Stangnet's email gateway, so I will need to email it directly to you.

You will need WinZip (|MG| WinZip 12 Build 8252) and the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions