• Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech

Wire color for fuel gauge

  • Thread starter Thread starter StangII78
  • Start date Start date Apr 4, 2010

StangII78

New Member
Feb 3, 2010
41
0
0
Gray, GA
Apr 4, 2010
#1
  • Apr 4, 2010
  • #1
Anyone know the color of the sending unit wire that goes to the gauge is. I'm installing a after market gauge and I just plan on clipping the wire from the plug and connecting it to the gauge. I meant to trace the circuit before I re-installed everything.

Kevin
 

jansen29

Member
Mar 26, 2007
73
0
7
Mountain View, CA
Apr 5, 2010
#2
  • Apr 5, 2010
  • #2
I have a 78 with a 302 in it and my white yellow with a white strip in it.

Jansen
 

StangII78

New Member
Feb 3, 2010
41
0
0
Gray, GA
Apr 6, 2010
#3
  • Apr 6, 2010
  • #3
jansen29 said:
I have a 78 with a 302 in it and my white yellow with a white strip in it.

Jansen
Click to expand...
Thanks Jansen, that is what I thought. I have seen a diagram that showed it to be a orange wire. I just wanted to make sure and you just confirmed this for me. Thanks, Kevin
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
174
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
162
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
469
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
68 fuel gauge maxes out at half
  • connella08
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
10
Views
340
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sep 8, 2025
connella08
C
Electrical HELP! 1989 5.0 Stick, Voltage Bleed onto Ignition Trigger wire
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • May 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
326
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 24, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?