Wiring/Mechanich Frustration

FoxGT87

5 Year Member
Aug 1, 2009
St.pete FL
so i brought my car into my mechanic for some simple gauge lighting fix. first thing happens is his helper try taking out the switch to the problem and wires go everywhere. "oh i will get to it, oh i will get to it" 3 weeks later frustrated that i dont have my car back yet, i begin to do some leg work for him and ask you guys for help. the members of stangnet help me get two wiring diagrams for me, for him. thank you. well everything gets plugged in, now your car wont start. i hound on him for another 4 weeks easily. just now started working on it again this last Saturday. he calls me monday afternoon, "your ECM is toast, and the PO wired up your MAF using the old speed density wiring harness just scabbed in the wires to make it work" IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? so i got him the ECM from autozone. but i guess the diablo sport chip used in the old ECM must be in the new one for the MAF to work because the wiring harness isnt correct. right now im frustrated and confused. i told him to try the new ECM with out the chip and see what happened maybe the chip is causing my throttle to return with lag, as i have checked censors, vacuum leaks, and physicaly made sure the throttle returned specifically. he told me the car wouldnt run with out the chip because of the wiring harness.

i am at the end of my short stick of patience, and im not really on here other than to betch a little bit:mad:

i like my mechanic he has been passed on to me from my dad. but im sick and tired of him treating my daily driver (thank god my fiance has a car) like its a fcking project car he can take his sweet ass time on FCK :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

i forgot to mention that the PO had fcked up the sunroof draining hose... so water started dripping down the frame of the car and into the ECM. it wouldnt turn the car over but had the injectors pumping so the ECM was fried... but im still pissed its taking this long... very very pssed