Engine Won't Accelerate After Several Miles Driven

Javii

Jul 20, 2017
Hello Guys!

I'm new here, so please bare with me, if I'm not even in the right section or forum.
Also bare with me, as I'm not familiar with any technical terms and or the lingo.

I have an... 2,000 Mustang V6, 3.6 My car, engine runs beautifully. I really can't complain. It runs smooth.

Only issue I'm having is... after several miles driven, I'd say about 45 minutes... and sometimes even less about 5-10 minutes in/driving. The car stops accelerating. (while driving) (not at a stop light) The engine seems to continue going, but it starts shaking lightly, and than if, and as I push the gas pedal, it'll shake violently, as in the whole car literally shakes and It'll no longer wants to drive/accelerate.

Now... when that happens. I have to pull over. And turn the car off. After a few minutes (I'd say 5-10 minutes, if that) I turn it back on.. and once again, it drives beautifully.

I should note that:

-The car doesn't over heat
-All filters on the car has been replaced (New)
-No Smoke comes out anywhere
-Nothing smells burnt
-No noise out of the obvious
-The car doesn't shut down/off (unless I turn the ignition off)
-No Engine Light Turns on (no sensor/notification lights)

I'd appreciate you guys help.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

V6 is a 3.8, no?

Anyway, it sounds like it might be starving for fuel. Perhaps your tank venting is insufficient. If it's very repeatably doing this, you might trying removing the gas cap (open the tank to the atmosphere through the filler neck) and trying to drive it again to see if it improves.

Reactions: 1 user
V6 is a 3.8, no?

Anyway, it sounds like it might be starving for fuel. Perhaps your tank venting is insufficient. If it's very repeatably doing this, you might trying removing the gas cap (open the tank to the atmosphere through the filler neck) and trying to drive it again to see if it improves.

Thank you Trinity_gt ...... I asked my father... and its an 3.6v.... I checked what you recommended, but that unfortunately didn't fix it.

Hello Guys!

I'm new here, so please bare with me, if I'm not even in the right section or forum.
Also bare with me, as I'm not familiar with any technical terms and or the lingo.

I have an... 2,000 Mustang V6, 3.6 My car, engine runs beautifully. I really can't complain. It runs smooth.

Only issue I'm having is... after several miles driven, I'd say about 45 minutes... and sometimes even less about 5-10 minutes in/driving. The car stops accelerating. (while driving) (not at a stop light) The engine seems to continue going, but it starts shaking lightly, and than if, and as I push the gas pedal, it'll shake violently, as in the whole car literally shakes and It'll no longer wants to drive/accelerate.

Now... when that happens. I have to pull over. And turn the car off. After a few minutes (I'd say 5-10 minutes, if that) I turn it back on.. and once again, it drives beautifully.

I should note that:

-The car doesn't over heat
-All filters on the car has been replaced (New)
-No Smoke comes out anywhere
-Nothing smells burnt
-No noise out of the obvious
-The car doesn't shut down/off (unless I turn the ignition off)
-No Engine Light Turns on (no sensor/notification lights)

I'd appreciate you guys help.