WoOoOOooOOooO NEW BEST 1/4 MILE TIMES!!!!

I'm impressed you could have the lower intake ported and install some 3:73's and some drag radials not to mention the pullies. You would easily break into the 13's.
I ran a 89 gt with well over 230,000 miles on it when the speedometer quite two years earlier and I ran a 9.54 in the 1/8th. I know your convertible weighs way more and your already faster than that.

I have an explorer intake sitting at home... but i figured y waste the price of gaskets... when i can just slap it on the other engine...:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I WOULD be scared about blowing it.... but i have AAA plus with 100 mile tow... That engine is sitting waiting to be set up... and i have another t-5 in my garage.... ALSO... my car only burns 1/4 quart every change..... and runs like a champ.... no weird noises or anything...

Amazing... I am losing over 1qt every 3k miles out my pipes at 158k miles...

**** i forgot about pulleys... yea slicks would help out big time... but i really wanna be like the first vert in to 13's with just bolt ons on street tires... i dont think its been done yet....

The idea of running street tires at the track is a very misleading concept.

The whole intent of strip conditions or track preparation is all about
running slicks.

You simply can not get anywhere near the traction at the strip with
street tires like you can on the street with those very same street
tires.

Its the soft compound that helps ... somewhat ... at the strip like you
see with drag radials.

However ... when you go to a really soft compound like you find on
real wrinkle wall slicks ... you will find much more grip.

Finally ... the no tread on real slicks will just add all the more grip.

Having said all that stuff ... with stock axles ... I'd not do real slicks :nono:
unless
You got a current and valid membership with AAA :rlaugh:

When you hear that big bang after a serious launch with slicks
and stock axles ........

Its almost certain ... You ain't gonna drive it home ;)

Grady

The idea of running street tires at the track is a very misleading concept.

The whole intent of strip conditions or track preparation is all about
running slicks.

You simply can not get anywhere near the traction at the strip with
street tires like you can on the street with those very same street
tires.

Its the soft compound that helps ... somewhat ... at the strip like you
see with drag radials.

However ... when you go to a really soft compound like you find on
real wrinkle wall slicks ... you will find much more grip.

Finally ... the no tread on real slicks will just add all the more grip.

Having said all that stuff ... with stock axles ... I'd not do real slicks :nono:
unless
You got a current and valid membership with AAA :rlaugh:

When you hear that big bang after a serious launch with slicks
and stock axles ........

Its almost certain ... You ain't gonna drive it home ;)

Grady

AAA indeed grady :) yea im not going to run a true slick... ill definatly break an axle... i was thinking some nitto 555's or something of the sort...

I'll let you know how the ET Streets go.... my cousin always brings her trailer to the track. She can haul mine home and I can driver her's back. LOL If we both break, it'll be a two trip venture. One of the good things about knowing the track owner.

Mother %#Y#(Y@($ that centerforce ad ticks me off.

Okay back to the thread. I bought the ET Streets slightly used. They are 17s so I didn't think they would be TOO hard on the car since they have less sidewall to really help grip.

An fbody owner was selling them. I asked how well they hooked. He said his first launch he broke the driveshaft. LOL

He said the angle was wrong, but still. Yikes. HAHA

I ordered sub-frames. And will have them on the car before I use the ETs. I also have a brand new alum DS, hopefully I break something else IF anything.

If this is your daily driver, i'd suggest some 315/35/17 nitto drags. Thats what i have on my car in the summer months, and then swap them out for some 315 Sumi's for when i take the car to school. Those with some 3.73 gears and possibly pullies, and your gonna be in the 13's no doubt.

Yeah my brother just got some 315 E.T.s for his car and he knows he is going to break his rear...he is already saving up for a 9 inch rear...close to 450 to the wheels is never really to good on any cars rear end...He is also going turbo within the next year so he will be needing those tires for traction