Worth upgrading new edge or should save for newer mustang

Octuneman

Jul 26, 2019
maryland
I got a 2001 mustang gt 4speed with a kenne bell 2.1l supercharger on it and it has about 39000 miles on it. Im torn between getting a forged bottem end and getting some big cams and turning up the boost or waiting and saving up and getting like a 2014 mustang gt and eventually supercharging that. I do daily drive my car and will daily drive the 2014 if i decide to get that. Any advice? Money is of course an issue but im not afraid to spend money.

• Sponsors (?)

I got a 2001 mustang gt 4speed with a kenne bell 2.1l supercharger on it and it has about 39000 miles on it. Im torn between getting a forged bottem end and getting some big cams and turning up the boost or waiting and saving up and getting like a 2014 mustang gt and eventually supercharging that. I do daily drive my car and will daily drive the 2014 if i decide to get that. Any advice? Money is of course an issue but im not afraid to spend money.
Total cost wise it would’ve cheaper to get a forged bottom end and keep your current car, however, upgrading to a 5.0 mustang would offer you much more comfort a, far better interior, and just overall a MUCH more refined car than a new edge. So honestly, if it’s going to be your daily driver, I’d save up for a s197/s550 5.0

Another alternative is to buy a daily driver. I decided to keep my new edge and get a sporty daily driver. Allows you to do what you want to the mustang without being out a car / having to compromise.