WTF!!!! Articulate is now a racist word????

bloopbloob

Sep 27, 2006
Alberta
I'm just listening to some show on ABC right now, and some 'african americans' (is that ok???) are talking about how the word ARTICULATE is demeaning to Af. Am.'s because it was traditionally used to describe rich white people or something????? and how it sould be removed from use!! i am not racist by any means!!, but i think this kinda s*** is getting ridiculous!! if people could stop making such a big deal outta some words, and let them become common language, they no longer are derogatory, imo! why is it fine when black people use the 'n' word, but if a white says it (ie. in a joke, not inflamatory use), it is extremely offensive, makes the news etc...! i just think its time to let some things go!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why Chris Rock, Dave Chappell, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Martin Lawerence, ect ect...can make jokes about white people and it's OK.

Personally I find all of the above listed comedians funny, especially their take on white people. Funny stuff, and I am NOT offended. I just don't understand why it is ok one way, but not the other.

I don't like Don Imus, but I don't understand why there was this huge back lash about what he said. I guess I just don't understand racism....not walking in those shoes and all.

I feel the same, those black comedians make fun of us.....I think its funny. The other war around and it would be over.

Think if we had......
White Entertainment Television
White History month

Can you imagine?

after i started this thread, i thought maybe i shouldnt have, but whatever. i just think its getting over the top. i agree with the comedian thing too. those guys are hilarious! but to start making normal words politically incorrect is stupid. jmho.

White history month huh? They'd burn us at the stake for that one if it ever came along.

Now like everyone else here, I think slavery is wrong. I don't think you should be treated as if you are lesser just because of your skin color. I don't think blacks (African americans) should be able to have special rights either, IE: Making fun of white people when it's not okay for whites to make fun of them.

Everyone is a person, no matter what... unless they drive a Prius.
Nuff said.

Well, the whole english language was used by slave owners and such, and english has been forced on them.

Next thing they will want is to replace the entire English language with a system of drum beats and clucking noises. ("drop it like it is hot" by Snoop Dog) Then replace the written language by a system of different knots tied into the tennis shoes thrown over telephone wires. Any you wonderd why they do that. :D

Fasten your safty belts, were either flying to the place that is not to be talked about or a sudden abrupt :lock:

ok well i'm starting to be sorry i started this thread now. it was an honest argument against stupidity to the extreme, nothing to do with racism really. but i think 90mustangGT is kinda taking it there, and i don't agree, so i'm done with this thread, and i think it should be closed..... before it gets a bunch of stupid comments.

Well, the whole english language was used by slave owners and such, and english has been forced on them.

Next thing they will want is to replace the entire English language with a system of drum beats and clucking noises. ("drop it like it is hot" by Snoop Dog) Then replace the written language by a system of different knots tied into the tennis shoes thrown over telephone wires. Any you wonderd why they do that. :D

Fasten your safty belts, were either flying to the place that is not to be talked about or a sudden abrupt :lock:

:rlaugh:
I saw that show on ABC and I have no comment.

ok well i'm starting to be sorry i started this thread now. it was an honest argument against stupidity to the extreme, nothing to do with racism really. but i think 90mustangGT is kinda taking it there, and i don't agree, so i'm done with this thread, and i think it should be closed..... before it gets a bunch of stupid comments.

Lighten up a little. Yes it is stupid, but there are lots of stupid things out there, why not make fun of it? Would you be suprised if Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson or K. West and Farakhan for that matter, came out with an accusiation like that? It seems like whenever things calm down a bit, they come out of the woodwork like the roaches they are with some kind of crap like that.

I was watching a show once that for the most part was romantisizing ghetto life said "When you see the tennis shoes on the wires, it is usually a sign they got somebody and as a warning to others". That is where I got the idea.

now you guys are just turning it into a black white thing. the original post i didnt find offensive. it was an honest question. and i dont find the word "articulate" offensive. comedians are comedians. blacks make fun of whites. whites make fun of blacks. mexicans make fun cubans. the list goes on and on. the reason they do is because racism is a joke. who care there were more whites slaves than black. what the **** did that have to do with the original post? and its not black people keeping racism alive. its racist people keeping racism alive. and they come in all colors. this thread needs to be deleted. because some of you are starting to talk out your asses.

Main Entry: 1ar·tic·u·late
Pronunciation: är-'ti-ky&-l&t
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin articulatus jointed, past participle of articulare, from articulus
1 a : divided into syllables or words meaningfully arranged : INTELLIGIBLE b : able to speak c : expressing oneself readily, clearly, or effectively <an articulate teacher>; also : expressed in this manner <an articulate argument>
2 a : consisting of segments united by joints : JOINTED <articulate animals> b : distinctly marked off
- ar·tic·u·late·ly adverb
- ar·tic·u·late·ness noun

I see nothing even remotely racist in that definition. But, ya know whatever, the "N" word was derived from a word meaning black and has nothing to do with race, plus they can throw it about in rap songs all day and nobody cares so whatever. That's what freedom of speech is for i guess.

now you guys are just turning it into a black white thing. the original post i didnt find offensive. it was an honest question. and i dont find the word "articulate" offensive. comedians are comedians. blacks make fun of whites. whites make fun of blacks. mexicans make fun cubans. the list goes on and on. the reason they do is because racism is a joke. who care there were more whites slaves than black. what the **** did that have to do with the original post? and its not black people keeping racism alive. its racist people keeping racism alive. and they come in all colors. this thread needs to be deleted. because some of you are starting to talk out your asses.

Best statement in this thread so far!!:nice:

Idiots come in all colors. Comedians are doing what they do and NORMAL people appreciate it and enjoy it. Its the extremist and trouble makers that try and spin it into something its not intended to be and of course where you have one knuclehead, you will find other who jump on the band wagon.

My personal opinion is that the media (i know they get blamed for everything, but a lot of times they deserve it). publicizes things on large scale and national levels that would normally be a local issue. So now instead of a group of local people banding together, it becomes a much larger issue with people from all over jumping aboard.

This inturn causes the big name "promote my personal gain by organizing" people to come out and drag it on for much longer and with more serious consequences and harder feeling than it normally would have if it wasn't blown up and forced into the living rooms of people who normally wouldn't have known or cared about it.

Racism is alive and well and its held by and against people of all colors, religions, and nationalalities.