WTF!!!! Articulate is now a racist word????

HAHAHAHA I find it funny at almost every one of you on here is scared of getting banned for talking about this. Oh I'm white and I need to feel bad for blacks because I was born white?

If everyone would just get over it and move on, it wouldn't be a problem. Why should I have to pay for something I never did or was even a live for? Or why should I have to talk or not talk like just because some of a different color doesn’t like it. I.E. I can’t say the “N” word because I’m white but if other people say it. It’s cool? I don’t get that.

But I better watch what I say or I could get ban for this or get fire for saying nappy head hoes?..

• Sponsors (?)

Best statement in this thread so far!!:nice:

Idiots come in all colors. Comedians are doing what they do and NORMAL people appreciate it and enjoy it. Its the extremist and trouble makers that try and spin it into something its not intended to be and of course where you have one knuclehead, you will find other who jump on the band wagon.

My personal opinion is that the media (i know they get blamed for everything, but a lot of times they deserve it). publicizes things on large scale and national levels that would normally be a local issue. So now instead of a group of local people banding together, it becomes a much larger issue with people from all over jumping aboard.

This inturn causes the big name "promote my personal gain by organizing" people to come out and drag it on for much longer and with more serious consequences and harder feeling than it normally would have if it wasn't blown up and forced into the living rooms of people who normally wouldn't have known or cared about it.

Racism is alive and well and its held by and against people of all colors, religions, and nationalalities.

While I agree with that 100%, you pretty much explained the point I was making.

I don't think any of the black comedians I listed are racist, and as I said I am not offended by their jokes. My point being that racist minds hear jokes and see them as racist. Just like the whole Don Imus thing, he was trying to be funny by describing a SPECIFIC basketball team.....it was a joke. Granted it was a stupid joke that I didn't find funny....but it was not said with any harm intended. Hence, a joke.

To me, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are racist. But the problem is, like people tend to think the same. In other words, black people tend to stick to popular black opinions, and white people tend to stick to popular white opinions. Look at the OJ case, we ALL saw the split screen of the while students reaction and the black students reaction. Basically, as I say, people tend to simply "vote along party lines". Knowing this, people....especially "leaders"...need to be careful when they decide to "rally the troops". This goes for ALL colors.

People, as a whole, are stupid and easily led....no matter what color they are.

This would be a much better world if people would simply leave everyone else alone......and lighten up.

I don't think any of the black comedians I listed are racist, and as I said I am not offended by their jokes. My point being that racist minds hear jokes and see them as racist. Just like the whole Don Imus thing, he was trying to be funny by describing a SPECIFIC basketball team.....it was a joke. Granted it was a stupid joke that I didn't find funny....but it was not said with any harm intended. Hence, a joke.

To me, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are racist. But the problem is, like people tend to think the same. In other words, black people tend to stick to popular black opinions, and white people tend to stick to popular white opinions. Look at the OJ case, we ALL saw the split screen of the while students reaction and the black students reaction. Basically, as I say, people tend to simply "vote along party lines". Knowing this, people....especially "leaders"...need to be careful when they decide to "rally the troops". This goes for ALL colors.

This would be a much better world if people would simply leave everyone else alone......and lighten up.

Very well put, that's what I was trying to get at but didn't word it correctly.

I didn't read this whole thread, but I think that it is bull**** that we still call black people african american. They are as much african as I am and not all people that are black that deem themselves as African American are even of african decent. Do I make people call me Irish American? No, because I am white and I will call them black , not african american. Just one of my pet peeves, sorry for the rant.

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why Chris Rock, Dave Chappell, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Martin Lawerence, ect ect...can make jokes about white people and it's OK.

Personally I find all of the above listed comedians funny, especially their take on white people. Funny stuff, and I am NOT offended. I just don't understand why it is ok one way, but not the other.

I don't like Don Imus, but I don't understand why there was this huge back lash about what he said. I guess I just don't understand racism....not walking in those shoes and all.

Imus was used as an example. Just like the three border patrol agents. Mexico demanded something to be done and the good ole USofA said "sure, no problem." Double standards are everywhere!!!

why will the US not stand up to some of these people, these pansy ass rights groups take things a little too far if you ask me, it's like things are never good enough. I think they sit and try to find **** to cry about. I thank God that I'm a normal red blooded american and not some cry baby pansy ass :D

I'm just listening to some show on ABC right now, and some 'african americans' (is that ok???) are talking about how the word ARTICULATE is demaining to Af. Am.'s because it was traditionally used to describe rich white people or something????? and how it sould be removed from use!! i am not racist by any means!!, but i think this kinda s*** is getting ridiculous!! if people could stop making such a big deal outta some words, and let them become common language, they no longer are derogatory, imo! why is it fine when black people use the 'n' word, but if a white says it (ie. in a joke, not inflamatory use), it is extremely offensive, makes the news etc...! i just think its time to let some things go!!!

That goes to show you where the media's collective mind is.

Colin Powell is an ARTICULATE Afro-American man. As a retired Army 4 star general and Secretary of State, he was never a man with a speech problem. I would vote for him for President if he ran.

Jesse Jackson is an ARTICULATE Afro-American man. I haven't always agreed with Jesse's politics, but no one can deny that Jesse speaks well.

Barack Obama is an ARTICULATE Afro-American man. As a US Senator and Democratic Presidential hopeful, he can certainly speak well.

Christopher Gardner is an ARTICULATE Afro-American man. He parlayed a no pay internship at Dean Witter Reynolds brokerage into a multimillion dollar investment company of his own. If you haven’t seen the movie “Pursuit of Happyness” rent the DVD and watch it with your family. Excellent film about a man with the right focus in life.

Most of the idots in America are on the evening news...They are not subjects of the news, but presenters of it...

Translation: People like to "cheer for the home team". God forbid if you consider the "other side's" opinion. If you're black and criticize your own race, you're an Uncle Tom. If you're white and criticize your race, you're a dumb leftist liberal.

VERY few people if any at all will criticize races of all colors, and in the end their "home" or own race will still not approve of it.

now you guys are just turning it into a black white thing. the original post i didnt find offensive. it was an honest question. and i dont find the word "articulate" offensive. comedians are comedians. blacks make fun of whites. whites make fun of blacks. mexicans make fun cubans. the list goes on and on. the reason they do is because racism is a joke. who care there were more whites slaves than black. what the **** did that have to do with the original post? and its not black people keeping racism alive. its racist people keeping racism alive. and they come in all colors. this thread needs to be deleted. because some of you are starting to talk out your asses.

but i do have to say that black people do throw around the race card a lot. i remember watching on CNN a while back and some black woman senator or government office holder went through security without showing her card and when asked to stop, she walked faster. she was "tackled" by a "white male" security guard. i think her exact words were "i, a black woman, was tackled by a white man".... yada yada yada. those words are bold because she emphasized those and that's what gets me going is when different races use racism as an excuse. imho, whites should be able to make fun of any other race of people and visa versa, blacks or any other reace deserve no special treatment... also, one thing that always got my attention is why do they have you select a race when you apply for a job? i'm assuming it's for identifaction reasons but if that's the reason, why not just take a picture?

but i do have to say that black people do throw around the race card a lot. i remember watching on CNN a while back and some black woman senator or government office holder went through security without showing her card and when asked to stop, she walked faster. she was "tackled" by a "white male" security guard. i think her exact words were "i, a black woman, was tackled by a white man".... yada yada yada. those words are bold because she emphasized those and that's what gets me going is when different races use racism as an excuse. imho, whites should be able to make fun of any other race of people and visa versa, blacks or any other reace deserve no special treatment... also, one thing that always got my attention is why do they have you select a race when you apply for a job? i'm assuming it's for identifaction reasons but if that's the reason, why not just take a picture?

On the news thing, the whole race thing can also be used against race. Ever notice the news never mentions the race of a criminal unless he/she is not white? You rarely ever hear of a the news mentioning a white burglar or something like that. However, since whites are currently the majority, it can be assumed that it is the "default" race and there is no need to mention it unless it isn't.

also, one thing that always got my attention is why do they have you select a race when you apply for a job? i'm assuming it's for identifaction reasons but if that's the reason, why not just take a picture?

The reason they take your demographic information is because they have to show proof to the government that they're an equal opportunity employer, basically. I can't remember the name of the law, but that's the reason. The race/age/sex information - as I understand it, and without looking anything up at the moment - is supposed to be excluded from the hiring process; However, as stated above, it must be collected to show that there is no favoritisms toward any one demographic.

A joke is a joke and it should be left at that. a word is a word and should be used at that.
Its context in the way it was used not said should be the deciding factor.

Every black person I know wants to be refered to as black not african american. Im in toronto so its canada should we be calling them african canadian. WTF???

Everyone is using the racist card now a days. Teenagers, twenty somethings, and thirty yearolds and some fourty years olds. But but but... You didnt grow up during slavery, so shut the F@@@ up!!!( if you fall in that catagory)

BET what the hell is that programming all about. You call that segregation by choice. They do have one thing good about that show. They have a hot host man does she have a killer set of legs!!!

All i know is that noone has ever picked any cotton for me. My grandparents came over on the boat from Russia, Never owned a slave, and hey, i feel bad for how certain groups of people (jews, blacks, american indians) that got a bad deal.. but why should i pay for any of this?

In my eyes, everyone is equal. You just have your select few that want a little extra sympathy or attention, and people eat it up.

As far as changing words, we should focus more on words that are used to degrade someone, wether its towards your own race or not.