x PIPE OR H PIPE?

• Sponsors (?)

WTF are you talking about 95vert? Fox bodies and 94-95 have the same motor, making the same sound.

X pipe's seem to offer more of a raspy "race car" kind of sound, whereas H pipes are more of a deep muscle car "badass" sound. I opted for the H pipe myself.

hell with both of you, i am fully aware that they have the same engine but i also know for a fact that the sound is not the same, i don't give a crap what both of you say. have you ever stood next to a fox and an sn with the same exhaust next to each other. the sound is not the same. i know the difference between the sounds of the x h and prochamber so i DO know WTF i'm talking about

I had an OR H-pipe on my car for 3 years, then swapped on an OR X-pipe for a week. The following week the H was back on and has been ever since. The H is more rumbly and the X is a little higher pitched. I could feel that the X pulled much better than the H at highway speeds, but wasn't deep sounding enough for me. Now the X-pipe is sitting in a box in my laundry room.

Later

Hawaii-50 said:
I had an OR H-pipe on my car for 3 years, then swapped on an OR X-pipe for a week. The following week the H was back on and has been ever since. The H is more rumbly and the X is a little higher pitched. I could feel that the X pulled much better than the H at highway speeds, but wasn't deep sounding enough for me. Now the X-pipe is sitting in a box in my laundry room.

Later

Well send me the X please!!! I dont think the H can come close to comparing to the unique bada$$ sound of the X.

Email me for my address: [email protected]

:nice:

Well it's pretty much accepted that prochambers make the best numbers, and in my @$$hole opinion, prochambers also sound better than both x and h pipes. So I would say get yourself an O/R prochamber and do the emissions shuffle if you have to.

I've had an X on my 95 a Prochamber on my '94 and now an H on my '90.....all offroad and the prochamber honestly was my least favorite. It was too quiet. The X roared when you hit the gas. The others just roared a little at idle and low RPMs.

Plus, theres a reason that the big QUALITY exhaust names only make Xs........

95Vert said:
hell with both of you, i am fully aware that they have the same engine but i also know for a fact that the sound is not the same, i don't give a crap what both of you say. have you ever stood next to a fox and an sn with the same exhaust next to each other. the sound is not the same. i know the difference between the sounds of the x h and prochamber so i DO know WTF i'm talking about

Did both cars have the exact same engine modifications as well? Because that also makes a huge difference in sound. Same pipe diameter? Same headers? Same midpipe?