x pipe

timmytenspeed

Jun 13, 2005
I am going to use an x pipe with my stock system on a 94 mustang gt. who makes the besting sounding and performing x pipe. I have been on the sound clips page but would like to know your thoughts.

• Sponsors (?)

94GTLaserRC said:
I think the sound has to go hand in hand with the catback.
RC

I totally agree... you've got the three basic types of mid pipe, x, h, and the MAC prochamber, all with fairly distinct tones. Once you've picked one of them, all the x or h pipes are are two pieces of pipe welded together, I can't see the tone being remarkably different on the various types of x or h. The prochamber is its own thing all together.

The only advice that I would feel comfortable giving you is get a single piece mid pipe. I think it makes it easier to install and you have much less of a chance of an exhaust leak. My BBK is a single piece pipe, and I think Bassani and Dr. Gas are also single piece mid pipes.

www.mustangexhaust.com will help you out too.

- adam

The Dr Gas would be the most time consuming as its pcs and has to be fit up and welded I believe...
I threw a Mac H on a stock catback...I was surprised at how loud it got....more than I expected from stock muffs....I sometimes throw my stock muffs on mine as it still sounds good, just quieter and thats with LTs/Prochamber....stock muffs with some miles on em can actually sound decent..mine got 60k on em....

VRS is a copy cat of the Dr. Gas. It is cheaper and easier to install. I have bassani. I sounds good. I use to have a MAC. The Mac X was loude and I would have to to say meaner. I still like my bassani X better though.

Dustin