• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

X Vs H Pipe

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ts1lightning63
  • Start date Start date Jul 22, 2017
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
N

Nater_Potater

Member
Apr 21, 2017
38
12
18
Southwest Idaho
Jul 27, 2017
#21
  • Jul 27, 2017
  • #21
BoostedPimp, Please elaborate. "I've had both and prefer the x"
Sound? Horsepower? I'm looking at some form of cat-back, but don't want the sound to go all crazy-raspy. I'm partial to the sound of a big block, if you get my drift... blackgt460's comments were most helpful where he gave a quantified description between the two. As others pointed out, it's hard to make any decision based on sound bites coming from your computer's speakers.

Thanks,
Nathan
 
T

Ts1lightning63

Member
Jul 13, 2017
39
1
8
Canfield
Jul 28, 2017
#22
  • Jul 28, 2017
  • #22
Boostedpimp said:
I've had both and prefer the x
Click to expand...
Was it hard to install? I was thinking of getting it with cats.
 
T

Ts1lightning63

Member
Jul 13, 2017
39
1
8
Canfield
Jul 28, 2017
#23
  • Jul 28, 2017
  • #23
Boostedpimp said:
I've had both and prefer the x
Click to expand...
Was it hard to install? I was thinking of getting it with cats.
 

Boostedpimp

20+ Year Stangneter
May 8, 2003
1,451
493
154
NJ
Jul 28, 2017
#24
  • Jul 28, 2017
  • #24
It's a matter of preference honestly. I would suggest figuring out which catback you'll be going with then search youtube for a sound click of both coupled with your catback choice. I agree with blackgt460's description

No not hard to install but getting one with cats as opposed to one without means it'll be heavier to lift up and hold in place while you install the bolts is all.
 

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
10 Year Member
Apr 6, 2011
10,733
6,716
214
Hillsborough county
Jul 28, 2017
#25
  • Jul 28, 2017
  • #25
I run my x pipe with flowmasters 44's... Has a nice deep rumble at idle and a clean growl when I hit the loud pedal. I prefer it over the h pipe I had on previously.
 
T

Ts1lightning63

Member
Jul 13, 2017
39
1
8
Canfield
Jul 28, 2017
#26
  • Jul 28, 2017
  • #26
Boostedpimp said:
It's a matter of preference honestly. I would suggest figuring out which catback you'll be going with then search youtube for a sound click of both coupled with your catback choice. I agree with blackgt460's description

No not hard to install but getting one with cats as opposed to one without means it'll be heavier to lift up and hold in place while you install the bolts is all.
Click to expand...
I have Magnaflow cat backs installed already.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
174
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
197
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Fox BBK X-pipe replacement Cat?
  • TIGGER
  • Aug 26, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
350
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 26, 2025
AeroCoupe
J
Lost low end torque
  • JJ's90fox
  • Jun 12, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
22
Views
870
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 5, 2025
Methodical
Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
558
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?